Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Sprinter and B-van Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Dog run (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/dog-run-199842.html)

Passin Thru 08-21-2019 05:07 PM

Dog run

1 Attachment(s)
We travel with 2 dogs. Trying to tether the dogs is a hassle, especially with two dogs. We were always untangling the leads. Also our lab likes to sit in the doorway and watch her world. So I made a dog run - photo attached.

The fence I got from Amazon. The panels are 24 inches wide and 30 inches high I actually ordered 2 sets so I could get a 20 foot run. They are attached at each end to the slots in the tire rims with bungee cords.

I bought a 2x8 piece of plastic lattice at Home Depot. Cut it down the middle to get the length I needed. Cut out the slot needed for the step and shaped to the tires. The 3 pieces are spliced together with a single bolt and lock nut at each splice so the 3 pieces will rotate into a single length for storage. Donít tighten the bolts too tight. The lattice keeps the poodle from crawling under the coach. We attach the lattice to the wheel slots with bungees also.

The fence folds up and fits under the coach/bed. The lattice fits crossways in the back of the coach.

The fence has a gate that makes coming and going easy. The fence stands up on its own if you leave a little angle at each junction.

Has made traveling with dogs much easier. It is the first thing we set up at the campground. Takes about 3 minutes.

runswithdogs 08-21-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passin Thru (Post 2279757)
We travel with 2 dogs. Trying to tether the dogs is a hassle, especially with two dogs. We were always untangling the leads. Also our lab likes to sit in the doorway and watch her world. So I made a dog run - photo attached.

The fence I got from Amazon. The panels are 24 inches wide and 30 inches high I actually ordered 2 sets so I could get a 20 foot run. They are attached at each end to the slots in the tire rims with bungee cords.

I bought a 2x8 piece of plastic lattice at Home Depot. Cut it down the middle to get the length I needed. Cut out the slot needed for the step and shaped to the tires. The 3 pieces are spliced together with a single bolt and lock nut at each splice so the 3 pieces will rotate into a single length for storage. Donít tighten the bolts too tight. The lattice keeps the poodle from crawling under the coach. We attach the lattice to the wheel slots with bungees also.

The fence folds up and fits under the coach/bed. The lattice fits crossways in the back of the coach.

The fence has a gate that makes coming and going easy. The fence stands up on its own if you leave a little angle at each junction.

Has made traveling with dogs much easier. It is the first thing we set up at the campground. Takes about 3 minutes.

Very nice solution!