Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Classic Motorhomes (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f311/)
-   -   Deja-Vu...or 3rd times the Charm Redux! (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f311/deja-vu-or-3rd-times-the-charm-redux-198566.html)

cesalie2 07-23-2019 01:43 PM

Deja-Vu...or 3rd times the Charm Redux!
 
We sold “Penny” our 1981 Airstream 310 in the fall of 2015 to a lovely couple from Oregon. They renamed her “Steely Van”, made improvements and enjoyed her these past 4 years.

We purchased a Bluebird Wanderlodge, retired and travelled around this great country. Strangely enough 2 weeks ago I dreamed they listed “Steely Van” for sale and my dear wife insisted we buy her back. 2 days later I see they just listed Penny for sale...12 minutes later we have a deal. We’re flying to Oregon to pick her up in 11 days and will drive her home.

Here is the previous history of “Penny”:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...rm-105415.html

It appears I am once again an “Aluma-holic”...

KelloggKid 07-23-2019 01:55 PM

That is so awesome. Something similar happened to my sister. She and her husband had a boat that they really loved. About 15 years ago they sold it to a couple from Montana (my sister lives in Idaho). One day she was washing dishes and happened to look up just in time to see the boat and trailer drive past. She ran out to her car, gave chase, flagged them down and asked them if they would consider selling it back. It turned out they had driven it over to Coeur d Alene for that express purpose. Within minutes she had her old boat back and has enjoyed it ever since.

Hope you add many more fond memories to your collection,

cesalie2 07-23-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelloggKid (Post 2267855)
That is so awesome. Something similar happened to my sister. She and her husband had a boat that they really loved. About 15 years ago they sold it to a couple from Montana (my sister lives in Idaho). One day she was washing dishes and happened to look up just in time to see the boat and trailer drive past. She ran out to her car, gave chase, flagged them down and asked them if they would consider selling it back. It turned out they had driven it over to Coeur d Alene for that express purpose. Within minutes she had her old boat back and has enjoyed it ever since.



Hope you add many more fond memories to your collection,



[emoji106]

Magnet18 07-24-2019 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesalie2 (Post 2267846)
We sold “Penny” our 1981 Airstream 310 in the fall of 2015 to a lovely couple from Oregon. They renamed her “Steely Van”, made improvements and enjoyed her these past 4 years.

We purchased a Bluebird Wanderlodge, retired and travelled around this great country. Strangely enough 2 weeks ago I dreamed they listed “Steely Van” for sale and my dear wife insisted we buy her back. 2 days later I see they just listed Penny for sale...12 minutes later we have a deal. We’re flying to Oregon to pick her up in 11 days and will drive her home.

Here is the previous history of “Penny”:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f311...rm-105415.html

It appears I am once again an “Aluma-holic”...

Awesome story!
Looking forward to seeing more of "Penny/Steely Van"

(Are you worried about the name changes confusing it)

bkahler 07-24-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesalie2 (Post 2267846)
It appears I am once again an “Aluma-holic”...

Cool! :punk:

cesalie2 07-24-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magnet18 (Post 2268176)
Awesome story!

Looking forward to seeing more of "Penny/Steely Van"



(Are you worried about the name changes confusing it)



she knows she is coming home!

cesalie2 07-24-2019 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkahler (Post 2268184)
Cool! :punk:



Brad,

We have followed your posts for years!
Especially interested in your 3D printing efforts...appears we’ll need your Window Channel Inserts...(8 sets I think)...keep us posted!

cesalie2 07-31-2019 09:32 AM

We’re on our way to pickup our Airstream 310...only 13 hours and 3 connecting flights to our destination!

mayco 07-31-2019 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesalie2 (Post 2271312)
We’re on our way to pickup our Airstream 310...only 13 hours and 3 connecting flights to our destination!

Holy moly......is it in ALASKA?

cesalie2 08-01-2019 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayco (Post 2271527)
Holy moly......is it in ALASKA?



Oregon

We’re flying out of a small town and into a small town...have to use the bigger airline hubs.

mayco 08-01-2019 07:05 AM

Hoping you have a good journey!

cesalie2 08-01-2019 07:31 AM

[emoji106]. Initial inspection of coach is very good! It looks very much as good as when we bought Penny in 2013.

They maintained the coach very well.

cesalie2 08-14-2019 07:05 AM

Completed the sale and took off the next morning...a 2500 mile shakedown cruise (toadless) home!

mayco 08-14-2019 08:05 AM

Awesome

cesalie2 08-18-2019 03:54 AM

Day 1:

Said our goodbyes and drove to Wal Mart (toadless, 2500 miles to home...gulp). Lynda shopped for provisions to stock the coach and I set about making small needed repairs. 3 hours later, Lynda returns with an overflowing shopping cart...

We stocked our larder and searched for Petrol...sticker shock, gas is over $1.00 higher then back home. Costco was the winner with the lowest price! Interesting, Oregon state law requires fuel to be pumped by the attendant.

Gassed up and headed south thru the Siskiyou Mountains. Picturesque scenery abounds.

Made in to Redding, California and the Win-River Casino & Resort. $28.60 per night, paved pullthru site and full hookups...what’s not to like? We dined at the Casino, awesome Indian Fry Bread, Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cream Spinach...so Yummy!

Magnet18 08-18-2019 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesalie2 (Post 2278224)
Day 1:

Said our goodbyes and drove to Wal Mart (toadless, 2500 miles to home...gulp). Lynda shopped for provisions to stock the coach and I set about making small needed repairs. 3 hours later, Lynda returns with an overflowing shopping cart...

We stocked our larder and searched for Petrol...sticker shock, gas is over $1.00 higher then back home. Costco was the winner with the lowest price! Interesting, Oregon state law requires fuel to be pumped by the attendant.

Gassed up and headed south thru the Siskiyou Mountains. Picturesque scenery abounds.

Made in to Redding, California and the Win-River Casino & Resort. $28.60 per night, paved pullthru site and full hookups...what’s not to like? We dined at the Casino, awesome Indian Fry Bread, Steak, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cream Spinach...so Yummy!

Good luck!

Thought I remembered seeing on the news awhile back that Oregon did away with that particular odd law?

cesalie2 08-18-2019 02:17 PM

I jumped out of the coach and started the pump...attendant came running out...not happy O was about to pump my own gas!

cesalie2 08-19-2019 05:09 AM

Day 2:
The sellers advised us to shim the starter as it grinds when starting.

I foolishly thought it would take 30 minutes to perform this task and we would be on our way. Walked about a mile to the nearest auto parts store and purchased the shim kit. Returned to our campsite, slid under the coach and started wrenching enthusiastically...Hours later after multiple failed attempts to properly shim the starter, I realized we had the wrong starter. A kindly neighbor took pity on me and drove me to the parts store and I purchased the correct starter.

Our 3 way refrigerator (original to the coach, 38 years old) died...we disposed of the now warm food. 1 more item for the “Honey-do” list.

Magnet18 08-19-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cesalie2 (Post 2278489)
I jumped out of the coach and started the pump...attendant came running out...not happy O was about to pump my own gas!

Had that happen in Italy, some pumps are "self service", like normal, and some are "full service" where when you start to pump someone on their smoke break comes running yelling at you and proceeds to do exactly the same thing you normally do at a self service (but much more carelessly and more likely to scratch your paint)... Then you don't tip him because they don't tip there... then you still have to get out of your car and walk inside to pay anyway!!

I have absolutely no idea why they bother

cesalie2 08-19-2019 05:50 PM

[emoji106]


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.