Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Tips for first timers (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/tips-for-first-timers-19484.html)

Kgcarle 09-01-2014 11:58 PM

Hi there we just bought today a 29 foot 1992 Excella so excited to be part of the Airstream community

TCwheels 09-07-2014 07:40 PM

Greetings!

We've been planning for a long time and yesterday put the deposit on our 2011 20' After a frustrating search around the country (online, email, phone) to find the perfect AS, we found this one in our little home town! Although we have lots of experience RVing - and own a very nice popup - DW and I both have Airstream connections from way back and it's been our dream to head out in a silver bullet for years. We finalize the deal next week and we're on the road!

Very excited to be part of the forum!

TCwheels 09-07-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gharp (Post 1456644)
We also just joined and are looking forward to camping in our 20 Flying Cloud Bambi. Our interest is finding recommendations for great places to travel and locating nice campgrounds.

Gharp - Just got same unit! See yo on the road!

PurdueMom 09-08-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flht2k (Post 1504718)
Newbie here

Have decided to step up and purchase an AS. Really like the features of the 28 inter signature and the also the features of the FC 28 with twin beds. Does the factory build to spec?I would like twin beds in the inter signature. If not, any dealers in california provide this service.

Thanks

Our dealer received Airstream's approval for our desired twin beds in an International. There will be an up charge. We anticipate ordering a 27' International Signature with twin beds. Of course, when we finalize our order with the dealer, he will confirm Airstream's continued willingness to do the special order.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

cwf 09-09-2014 07:00 AM

Lots of new folks! Great!

As the "camping season" shots down in colder climes, it will be a good time to gather round the "virtual campfire"... Read, ask, learn.

Some here don't even have their AS yet... But the day is coming.

Meanwhile, maybe folks "local" to you can help with practical knowledge???

Practice with the search function here. That will save you some "correction/behavior modification"....because that can give you a basis for questions. For instance, if I were to ask, "what is a hitch", there will be several responses. A hitch can be a procedure "go hitch up the Airstream" will mean there are a bunch of individual steps and SUB-processes you need to understand.

So, take little bites. Research a bit...get the feel for "forum decorum"/RULES!!! You will find some interesting and sometimes entertaining threads... Support? Yes. Ridicule? Sure. Wisdom? Well, we try..but are also human and a "work in progress" myself.

Condoluminum 09-09-2014 03:07 PM

Quick response to Flh2k - The factory prefers not to "build to spec" but it is possible to make some switches on orders for twin beds, or to swap recliners for couches at other end.. One contingency is location of exterior storage hatches, which can conflict with bed locations at front or rear end of a trailer.. Never hurts to ask, and will be far easier and cheaper to have factory do it than retro-fit by dealer, if even possible for dealer to make the swap...

And welcome to jbxx in Marin County! Hope to see you at Casini or Jackson NorCal events, or maybe one of the added ones scheduled for 2015...

thesignlady 09-23-2014 10:13 PM

well I'm not really new but I got a new baby

well I am officially a nut job, I have just added another trailer to my collection.
I have a question, I just discovered the registry section and I am trying to post my trailers but it will only allow me to put one in ( I got my new girl in)

It says I need to upgrade my account and that my registry space is full so I can't add more... how do I upgrade my registry space.

Is the purpose of the registry to know how many of the oldtimers are still out there?

TheSignLady

misha miller 10-01-2014 08:34 AM

Hello everyone,

We are a family of four looking for a simple and freer lifestyle. We decided to try a tackle the airstream lifestyle almost 6 months ago. Unfortunately we had no idea where to start and no funds but we are coming to a spot were we may be able to purchase a fixer-upper for 1700. Any advice of how to inspect, or what is totally necessary for a successful project.

PharmGeek 10-01-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misha miller (Post 1518527)
Hello everyone,

We are a family of four looking for a simple and freer lifestyle. We decided to try a tackle the airstream lifestyle almost 6 months ago. Unfortunately we had no idea where to start and no funds but we are coming to a spot were we may be able to purchase a fixer-upper for 1700. Any advice of how to inspect, or what is totally necessary for a successful project.

I would suggest you start a new thread - perhaps title "AS fixer $1,700 good?"...or any old title to get attention to your new interest.

wookie 10-05-2014 09:21 PM

the wife hates it.

I bought a 68 avion camper about 10 years ago and my plan was to put it on my 69 f-250 but so far I've done nothing with it.So now I'm not sure if I should sell it or hang on to it for 10 more.Any imput about what I have would be appreciated.

Option7 10-06-2014 12:22 AM

I have a 2007 Airstream Interstate with the kitchen/bath in the rear of the coach. I am trying to ask a question but not sure if this is the right place to start a new thread.
I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their propane tank from a 20LB to a 30LB or 40LB?

Protagonist 10-06-2014 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Option7 (Post 1520904)
I have a 2007 Airstream Interstate with the kitchen/bath in the rear of the coach. I am trying to ask a question but not sure if this is the right place to start a new thread.
I wanted to know if anyone has upgraded their propane tank from a 20LB to a 30LB or 40LB?

I suppose it's possible. While the 2007 Interstate has a 23-pound ASME tank my 2012 has a 60-pound tank.

However, it will depend on the under-floor layout, and where the rest of the tanks are as to whether you've got room for a larger tank. I would suggest visiting an Airstream dealer that has an Interstate on the lot (or a rally with a newer-model Interstate in attendance), and then look underneath both vehicles to see the difference in tank locations. Then if you've got the room for it, contact your favorite Airstream dealer to see if you can order the larger ASME tank.

cwf 10-06-2014 07:47 AM

I agree with Protagonist... another option, if you have need for that much more capacity, is to have an import port where you could plug in additional supply. You could transport the tank in another location and install as needed.

matisseflys 10-16-2014 09:32 AM

help checking out a vintage trailer

I think I came across something on this site saying there may be people willing to help check out an airstream for a potential and ignorant buyer. I would be completely happy to pay for this service-I don't want to take advantage. Where do I find that section? I'm looking in MA. thanks in advance
Matisse.

AWCHIEF 10-17-2014 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matisseflys (Post 1525570)
I think I came across something on this site saying there may be people willing to help check out an airstream for a potential and ignorant buyer. I would be completely happy to pay for this service-I don't want to take advantage. Where do I find that section? I'm looking in MA. thanks in advance
Matisse.

Portal page, right hand side, mid way, "Airstream Inspectors". Good luck.

mowowpowow 10-18-2014 03:16 PM

Tips for first timers

Hello all I am new to the airstream community and am currently looking for my first! I believe I have found 'the one' however, my sister, who owns a 1989 Excella, told me from the pictures she looked at that she thinks there might be something wrong with the axle. I am curious as to how I would find this out if the seller has no clue themselves. And if there is axle damage, is it a complete deal breaker.

Thanks to all in advance.

Airstream Virgin, Mal

Airlovr 10-20-2014 06:25 PM

So glad to be a member!!! Really looking forward to taking possession our our silver bundle of joy!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Seven Brook 10-21-2014 05:50 AM

Congratulations on your new silver bundle of joy! You will love the AS life and family! Take in a rally and you will meet the finest people around! Beth

Airlovr 10-21-2014 10:05 PM

Thanks Seven Brook!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Rblarrcpa 10-22-2014 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 224955

Hello! Just took delivery and camped in our 2014 25FB Flying Cloud. Been reading a lot of forum posts. Seems like people are very nice & knowledgable. Looking forward to many years with the "Silver Twinkie"