Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Tips for first timers (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/tips-for-first-timers-19484.html)

Janet H 12-03-2005 03:17 PM

Tips for first timers
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hi and welcome to the Forums. This introduction Sub-forum is the place to introduce yourself to the rest of the community and try out your first post. Tell us about your trailer or if you've just begun to look for one, how long you've had it, etc - we want to know!

The Forum is divided into subsections, each with a different topic. If you have questions about a specific issue, say "how do i fix my furnace", please post those questions in the appropriate sub-forum.

To post an introduction, click on the "new thread button at the top of the posts list and have at it.

Welcome aboard.

fuzzywickle 12-24-2005 09:49 PM

Have been trying to post -when i attempt to send the post I am told to log in and when I do i find the post but not the title has vanished.I have posted successfully by redoing the message but would rather not have to take the long route any suggestions

overlander63 12-25-2005 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzywickle
Have been trying to post -when i attempt to send the post I am told to log in and when I do i find the post but not the title has vanished.I have posted successfully by redoing the message but would rather not have to take the long route any suggestions

The forum software is a little fussy sometimes (the understatement of the year). If you continue having this problem, copy your post so if it disappears you can simply paste it and not lose any info.

driftwood 12-25-2005 10:26 AM

Eureka !!
 
This just HAS to be the thread to put THIS! :brows:

cammur 12-25-2005 12:25 PM

Little Billy LOL!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood
This just HAS to be the thread to put THIS! :brows:

Worth the click! Thx, and Merry Christmas to everybody.

SilverSurfer 12-27-2005 06:30 PM

1st Timer Tips!
 
If you are looking for an airstream....... Take advantage of this forum to ask questions. There are probably people in your area that you can find on here to inspect your new prospect and share very valuable advice before you make a decision. I wish I did! Had I known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bought the first one I saw, ok second! Don't get me wrong, I do love it, but I sure didn't realize how much work it really needed. Lucky for me, I have some handy friends!

:cool:

GreggH 01-28-2006 09:53 PM

Hi, Just joined the board tonight and just posted my first message, poll section. In profile it has warn:0% followed by some small red squares, what are these, I don't see them on anyone else. Surely I haven't had time to offend anyone lol. Just wondering. thanks

Buttercup 01-28-2006 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreggH
Hi, Just joined the board tonight and just posted my first message, poll section. In profile it has warn:0% followed by some small red squares, what are these, I don't see them on anyone else. Surely I haven't had time to offend anyone lol. Just wondering. thanks

Moderators will use that if you are a little out of line in a post such as attacking someone. Use the search feature and search about it - or really anything - on the forums. There is so much info here and search will become your best friend.

Janet H 01-28-2006 10:09 PM

Greg - for a detailed explaination of the warn meter - check out this thread. And relax..... welcome to the forums.

GreggH 01-28-2006 10:12 PM

Thank you for your reply and I will do a search. But since my first post was voting in a poll and saying that although I did not read it before my purchase, I felt it was going to be a very enjoyable experience to visit here, I just don't know what could have been questionable. :sad:

GreggH 01-28-2006 10:18 PM

OK, I read it. Now I know why I can't see anyone elses and it says 0% so I feel better. My dh and I have both been reading tonight and I thought I got him in trouble already with our first post. :lol: I do that enough in the offline world:lol: Thanks much, back to reading and enjoying this helpful forum,
Cyndi

Buttercup 01-28-2006 10:18 PM

Well the warn thing is there all the time and you will always see it. Hopefully it will not go above 0% for any length of time:brows:.

ZoominC6 01-29-2006 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet
Greg - for a detailed explaination of the warn meter - check out this thread. And relax..... welcome to the forums.

Janet,

Thanks for clearing that up! I always wondered why nobody else had this showing.

POP

roderickm3 02-05-2006 09:45 AM

Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald

davidz71 02-05-2006 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roderickm3
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald

Rod,
Now that would be one cool paint job and a heck of an attention getter.

Bob Fisher 03-07-2006 08:29 AM

New memeber introduction
 
Greetings Ya'll. My wife Elaine and I have been looking for campers for thr two of us that would fit her and i after boys are gone in a year or two.
We were also wanting something for us to share together in retirement.We had talked about Airstrems and I vividly remember being intriqued at the rallies up the street from home growing up in Sarasota.
Long story short we found this sovereign close by and good shape and we see this as not only a (camper) but more a new life and shared interest.
Our only concerns at the moment is that we have a 97 dodge ram 2500 conver.van and not sure of the compatability for towing.
Well.. We just want to say hi and hope to see ya'll mar15th in Rhine ga. bye.:) :)

nickvansant 03-07-2006 05:09 PM

Hooked!
 
Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.

myboyburt 03-07-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickvansant
Greetings to fellow travelers. As a veteran sailor, who has always lived too far from the boat, having our new (to us) Argosy has been great. In the sailing realm, Sallie always said she'd not be happy with anything less than a Hinckley. Whew!
So when we decided to swallow the anchor how could I be surprised that joy could only reside in an Airstream? We bought this trailer from a fine traveller in San Diego who kept it in fine condition. We drove out last summer and spent 4 weeks coming home across the country. Where were all the Airstreams? Saw few on the road out west.
Very excited to begin the season at Salisbury Beach in April. I'll be the one wavin' as we go by.

nickvansant,

I'm so happy that you folks are planning to join us at the WBCCI New England Unit's "Spring into Camping" Rally. I'm looking forward hearing about your adventures in your Argosy so far. BTW, since you were wondering where all the Airstreams were as you traveled across country I think you will be pleased with the number of rigs that attend NEU events. We've got a very active membership.

myboyburt 03-07-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roderickm3
Hi to all I've just found this site and am the ? PROUD ? owner of a 1978 28' Argosy nickname "SHAGADELIC" . That in my dreams has the paint job of the corvette in the Austin Powers movie (the American flag ) we will see. I'm in and around Boston Mass the Meca for R.V.ing and outdoor sports. Best of luck in the future to you all and to all al good night.Rod MAc Donald

Well roderickm3, I'm happy to hear you've got yourself a hip "shagadelic" camper! I recommend you look into joining the WBCCI New England Unit. We've got lots of folks who are restoring/remodeling Airstreams and Argosys in our club and I think you'd enjoy membership. I'll send you a PM with club info.

angie 03-22-2006 09:03 PM

Help?!
 
Okay, this is my first post so I hope it is going to the right place. I have logged in to this site because I am looking into buying my first airstream. The one I have located is a 1975 sovereign and seems to be in good condition. I have always wanted a trailer like this one but no little about them. Because it is such a big purchase I was hoping to be able to get a little advice from those of you who already own them.

Some questions I have are:

How do I know if I'm getting a good deal?

How do airstreams fair in cold weather?

What should I check to make sure things are in good shape?

What are some things that you wish you would have known?

If this reaches anyone who can help me please email me at

autumnstar8@yahoo.com

thank you for your help:)

angie


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.