Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2016 - Current Classic (all lengths) (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/)
-   -   No hot water from galley faucet (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/no-hot-water-from-galley-faucet-194175.html)

paul.kukstis 04-07-2019 03:51 PM

No hot water from galley faucet

Just de-winterized my 2018 classic 30RB, having followed all the instructions to winterize it back in the fall.
I have clean water running through the system, hot and cold water in the bath and shower,and cold water in the galley but nothing coming out of the hot side. (Valves are open under the sink).
The Alde heating system is solid.
Any ideas?

BigSxyWhtGuy 04-07-2019 08:01 PM

What happened when you close the cold water valve on the galley faucet?

paul.kukstis 04-08-2019 03:35 AM

There was no water flow

BigSxyWhtGuy 04-08-2019 08:28 AM

Iím certainly no expert but that means you have a valve closed somewhere if there is zero flow with hot open at the faucet but cold closed.

If you have it at the shower but not the kitchen, I would check all your lines again between shower and kitchen as it sounds like the flow runs anti clockwise and something may have failed or was missed in the process.

Iíve never winterized my 18 as we full time. So for no specifics here, just giving my 0.02

BigSxyWhtGuy 04-08-2019 08:30 AM

Airstream May be able to give you phone support as well if you call them. Youíre still under warranty if something needs to be repaired as well.

Menno 04-08-2019 12:55 PM

Kitchen faucet issues

I have the same problem, but mine is on the cold water site. It happened after winterizing. According to JC this can happen and it is something in the faucet itself. I did try to clean the mixing valve, but didn’t solve the issue. I called Koehler and they sent me a new faucet ( under warranty). I still have to replace it. Very difficult in the tiny space under my 2018 classic.

Beaubill 04-08-2019 03:52 PM

Had the same problem with my Moen faucet in the shower. I found the solution on You Tube and changed out the cartridge in the faucet and that corrected the problem. The cartridges go bad at times and are not cheap.

tjdonahoe 04-08-2019 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaubill (Post 2228903)
Had the same problem with my Moen faucet in the shower. I found the solution on You Tube and changed out the cartridge in the faucet and that corrected the problem. The cartridges go bad at times and are not cheap.

Omen will replace the cartridge free...life time warranty..try unscrewing the wand and cleaning the small filter....that was where our problem was:D

paul.kukstis 04-09-2019 07:13 PM

Thank you all for the responses. Called kohler and they are sending out a new cartridge at no charge...hopefully it will do the trick. This forum, and YouTube, are great resources.
GoStreaminí

Flht2k 03-21-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menno (Post 2228839)
I have the same problem, but mine is on the cold water site. It happened after winterizing. According to JC this can happen and it is something in the faucet itself. I did try to clean the mixing valve, but didnít solve the issue. I called Koehler and they sent me a new faucet ( under warranty). I still have to replace it. Very difficult in the tiny space under my 2018 classic.

Have you installed your faucet. I also have tight access.

Menno 03-23-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flht2k (Post 2474182)
Have you installed your faucet. I also have tight access.

No. I had it done by dealer. It was too difficult fir me.

Flht2k 03-23-2021 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menno (Post 2475021)
No. I had it done by dealer. It was too difficult fir me.

Thanks