Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   Retiring and about to become full-time RVers (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/retiring-and-about-to-become-full-time-rvers-193053.html)

WanderGators 03-10-2019 04:04 PM

Retiring and about to become full-time RVers

My husband and I are soon to retire and become full-time RVers. Are now in the midst of selling our home and most belongings while working full-time. We are purchasing an Airstream 2019 33' Classic. We look forward to traveling the lower 48 in addition to making trips back to our now home state of AK and former home state of FL where my husband is a 6th generation Floridian - Go Gators. Once indoctrinated, we hope to join future Airstream Rallies and the AS community and make many new friends as well as keep the old:).

Best,
WanderGators

stevejones 03-10-2019 06:31 PM

Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on this big step! I retired last May and my wife and I are now full time RV'ers in our 2019 Globetrotter 27 FBQ. We hope you enjoy your new life as much as we do. Downsizing is hard, but as you have less and less you'll feel lighter and lighter!

Steve

rowiebowie 03-10-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderGators (Post 2218530)
My husband and I are soon to retire and become full-time RVers. Are now in the midst of selling our home and most belongings while working full-time. We are purchasing an Airstream 2019 33' Classic. We look forward to traveling the lower 48 in addition to making trips back to our now home state of AK and former home state of FL where my husband is a 6th generation Floridian - Go Gators. Once indoctrinated, we hope to join future Airstream Rallies and the AS community and make many new friends as well as keep the old:).

Best,
WanderGators

Welcome to the forum WanderGators!

You're making a big leap. Take a couple of shorter weekend trips close by before hitting the road permanently. It will help with your learning curve, make sure the trailer and tow vehicle are working as expected, and you'll learn a lot about what you need to pack.

Good luck!

EDIT: And get a National Parks Pass (Senior one if you qualify).:)

nvestysly 03-10-2019 07:10 PM

Welcome to Air Forums from a fellow native Floridian although we haven't lived there in over 30 years. You've come to the right place for all things Airstream. There are other places on the internet to find information on Airstreams but no place compares to Air Forums.

There are certainly lots of things to keep you occupied during retirement - seemingly no end to the places to see (many more than once) and things to do. I'd like to give a shout-out to Habitat for Humanity RV Care-A-Vanners if you're looking for volunteer opportunities that combine RVing with having fun and traveling with a purpose.

We look forward to seeing you down the road!

moosetags 03-10-2019 07:31 PM

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us. We are also native Floridians. Best wishes on the outset of your big adventure. We are making our first Airstream trip to Alaska this summer.