Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   1974 - 1979 Sovereign (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f221/)
-   -   Peppy (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f221/peppy-19124.html)

rebel beck 05-22-2007 04:42 PM

Time does fly

I just looked at my first thread when we got the Peppy man does time fly. Just an update I have finally stripped all the clear coat in prep for the polish I loveeeee the removeall stuff it is great, has to be the easiest thing I have done on the Airstream. Kinda on hold as I'm waiting for UPS to deliver the Nuvite.
After the clear coat is off I'm surprised how good the trailer looks my neighbor came over and told me he was almost blinded as he turned the curve.
I new there seem to have been a lot of planes flying over today not to mention the bird that crashed into the curb side (he lived) and no dent so all is fine.

Sugarfoot 05-24-2007 06:55 PM

Speaking of the UPS man, Becky, how is that relationship going? He will be so disappointed that his delivery doesn't include "the stripper" this time. :D

Cheers to you and your polishing project.

rebel beck 05-28-2007 12:14 PM

My package is on time as far as tracking so I can't wait to see the little brown truck Tuesday, but I will have to tell the driver no more strippers coming to this address I'm sure it is just going to break his heart.

rebel beck 06-14-2007 01:08 PM

Sore!!!!!

4 days of polishing and I feel like my arms are coming off, not to mention the wrist. Forget the one beer thing it has turned in to several each night, after tonight it may turn in to a little bourbon and coke. But it is something to see the beauty of the polish I have to admit. This year will not be the true mirror shine but close. I hope each touch up will get better.
The cyclo is awesome well worth the bucks, the dewalt drill for compounded is tough I wish now I had gone with the Harbor Freight thing. The drill is soooo heavy and getting heavier by the day. Will post pics asap, I just don't think I can pick up the camera at this point.

Sugarfoot 06-14-2007 02:18 PM

Becky, if you've been hitting on the polishing 4 days solid you must really feel the burn. My shoulders would be out of socket. It must be just as hot in Mississippi as Tennessee right now. That doesn't help. As far as the shine, it is rewarding to see.
I looked at the Dewalt but chose Harbor Frieght for that very reason, it's a little lighter in weight. I'm also working only 2-3 hours at a time in the evenings when I can. If we get a cloudy day and I'm off work without other obligations, I'm going to give it a go for a full shift.

rebel beck 06-23-2007 08:45 AM

After 38 hours the one side is done. I have posted some pics. under the member section check em out. After all that work I have to brag a little.

thecatsandi 06-23-2007 10:33 AM

Becky,
Are we going to get to see it at the 08 Can Opener?

rebel beck 06-23-2007 11:28 AM

Michelle,
I sure hope so, we opened a new business this year and my husband does not want to take any time off in January. Soooooo I'm toying with the idea of doing it all myself (by myself) I have not pulled the trailer any long distance and am kinda shy about doing it, but there is a first for everything and my side kick son would be with me sooooo maybe.

Becky B. 06-23-2007 12:29 PM

Hey Becky!

I looked at your pictures of your polishing & it looks great! One side down, one to go, huh? Don't worry about towing a long distance. The first few miles are actually the worst & then you relax & things are much better! I just joined your Sovereign club yesterday. I bought a 1986 31'. I caved into the pressure for a larger coach & will be parting with my dearly beloved "Bessie". Think I'm bowing out of the polishing club & will just strip & wax the yet unnamed long beast! I'm sure she'll (or maybe he) become dear to me with time & work! Anyhow, I towed the "new" one about 200 miles without a problem. Airstreams certainly tow nicely & don't get dragged over by trucks like the big boxy SOB's!

Jim & Susan 06-23-2007 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
All I can say is WOW! GREAT WORK!

Poprivet 06-23-2007 04:11 PM

Are you sure Peppy is a "he"? Most Airstreams are refered to as "She"

thecatsandi 06-23-2007 04:41 PM

start practicing and just be careful, take our time. It is not a race. It is an adventure. as for backing. I am sure there are planty that will be willing to help you once you arrive.

bjond 06-23-2007 04:53 PM

You've now a graduate of Polishing U

Looks SUPER!!! Not only a mirror shine but muscles. Someday I'm going to calculate how many tons I've lifted pushing that cyclo up and down.

rebel beck 06-23-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Alan
Are you sure Peppy is a "he"? Most Airstreams are refered to as "She"

Yes David he is a he. https://www.airforums.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

rebel beck 06-23-2007 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbond
Looks SUPER!!! Not only a mirror shine but muscles. Someday I'm going to calculate how many tons I've lifted pushing that cyclo up and down.

Herb I've got a long way to go and it's not as mirror as I would like it, still some haze spots when you are close but it is a start. Now your little spot at the top is not as noticeable.

balrgn 06-23-2007 05:13 PM

Hey Beck, I can't see the pics?? :huh:

Poprivet 06-23-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebel beck

No, that would be she is a he!

rebel beck 05-05-2008 07:35 AM

Peppy For Sale

Folks I've been lost in space for the last several months. Our Peppy is now listed For Sale in the classifieds due to us getting a horse trailer for the new hobby. Makes me want to cry but we have not used him since June 07 and he is just sitting in the yard. I look back on all the great times we have had with him in the last 3 years and getting to know some of you at the Can Opener Rally (first one)
But now it is time to let him raise another family.

Jim & Susan 05-05-2008 07:43 AM

Say it ain't so! I'm so sorry to hear this, Beck. I know how much y'all enjoyed that camper. Somebody will be very lucky to own that one. Good luck to you!

Jim

rebel beck 05-05-2008 08:54 AM

Yes it is so I'm afraid. After we won 2 1st one 2nd and a 3rd. My son is hooked on the horse deal. So we have to get a horse trailer to get him to the shows.