Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/)
-   -   Search - Where did SEARCH Go? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f138/search-where-did-search-go-18745.html)

Foiled Again 10-16-2005 02:38 PM

Search - Where did SEARCH Go?

Well there's an unusually short post from me.

Tin Lizzie

PS: I wanted to do a search for "sewer solution" and do an update on my experiences with it. Yes, Virginia it is possible (if not advisable:blink: ) to break camp without wearing latex gloves.

2nd topic, biological waste. The only thing that clogs the sewer solution is toilet paper - RV brand or regular. Number 2 disolves if left a day or two in the tank with a moderate amount of water. The sewer solution rinse hose connected to a bucket is an idea that hasn't worked out. Insufficient water pressure to really blow the crap down the drain hose. I now have a special "flush hose" with two backup flow protectors and a quick connect to the flush valve. That works instantly and thoroughly. I also use the same hose for my tank rinsers (standard on the 22 CCD). Again the only thing that doesn't "run clear" very quickly is the paper. I recall an old thread where one person advised using regular paper, putting it in a waste basket and disposing of it daily. Simple - and what I shall be doing from now on. found a tiny covered waste basket that is just the ticket.

Foiled Again 10-16-2005 02:41 PM

Damn That WAS FAST!

Honestly, I haven't had a single adult beverage today. It's back:D :blush: !

I've been doing my fall cleaning. I love my down comforter, but I actually had to spend 15 minutes vacuuming out all my storage areas, curtain rods, etc. And there are little bits of down everywhere. Everything has a DOWN side, I guess.

Tin Lizzie

TomW 10-16-2005 02:42 PM

I noticed that SEARCH is only available to members who are logged in.

Tom

SafeHarbor 10-16-2005 10:06 PM

Why not bidets?

2nd topic. :) "The only thing that clogs the sewer solution is toilet paper."

I wonder why we all don't convert to bidets? I read where all of Japan decided to go paperless some years ago and have adopted them everywhere.

I aslo noticed that there are some relatively inexpensive clip-on models now that look like they'd work with RV toilets.

Maybe we SHOULD start a paperless revolution... from Airstreamers, to SOBers, to... a national movement. We'll hit the big time when (1) the paper industry lobbyists go all out to start a smear campaign against bidets, and (2) the president simply refuses to take a stance on the subject.

I suspect using a bidet would be good for our dump valves, too.

Lamar

Foiled Again 10-16-2005 10:49 PM

To Bidet or Not to Bidet, that is the question....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SafeHarbor
2nd topic. :) "The only thing that clogs the sewer solution is toilet paper."

I wonder why we all don't convert to bidets? I read where all of Japan decided to go paperless some years ago and have adopted them everywhere.

I aslo noticed that there are some relatively inexpensive clip-on models now that look like they'd work with RV toilets.

Maybe we SHOULD start a paperless revolution... from Airstreamers, to SOBers, to... a national movement. We'll hit the big time when (1) the paper industry lobbyists go all out to start a smear campaign against bidets, and (2) the president simply refuses to take a stance on the subject.

I suspect using a bidet would be good for our dump valves, too.

Lamar

Well the 22footer is a wet bath! Lets see... get warm water to the bowl washer... and maybe a "hand" dryer positioned low so it blows up.... NO.:blink: