Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Lights - Interior & Exterior (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f447/)
-   -   Reading lights over Dinette (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f447/reading-lights-over-dinette-184841.html)

gandttimes 07-26-2018 03:54 PM

Reading lights over Dinette
 
We have a 2014 25FB Int.The surface pot lights over the dinette are just OK.
Not great for directional lighting for reading or for my wife to knit.
The bedroom has a small directional light that I thought would be a perfect replacement as it has a replaceable led array.

I called my dealer and looked on LED4RV and they both only supply the light with non-changeable bulb. In other words,when the light fails or if you want to change from soft to bright or the other way around, you have to buy a whole new fixture:mad:.
Anyone out there with any other ideas in keeping with the Airstream Decor?
Thanks.

ROBERT CROSS 07-26-2018 04:36 PM

We have used this retailer for many of our AS lighting needs.

We just got 25w LED candelabra base bulbs for a reading lamp we have in the AS.

Bob
🇺🇸

gandttimes 07-26-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS (Post 2134441)
We have used this retailer for many of our AS lighting needs.

We just got 25w LED candelabra base bulbs for a reading lamp we have in the AS.

Bob
[emoji631]

Thanks Bob. I'll have a look.

gandttimes 07-27-2018 10:22 AM

Still looking.......


George

uncle_bob 07-27-2018 11:26 AM

Hi

I think you will find that non-replacable LED's are the "wave of the future" in RV lighting. At least on the ones I have shopped for, you can get a range of color temperatures. After playing with things at home, you really want the same color temperature on all the fixtures. Having one odd man out looks a bit weird.

Bob

gandttimes 07-27-2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle_bob (Post 2134777)
Hi

I think you will find that non-replacable LED's are the "wave of the future" in RV lighting. At least on the ones I have shopped for, you can get a range of color temperatures. After playing with things at home, you really want the same color temperature on all the fixtures. Having one odd man out looks a bit weird.

Bob

I'm starting to think you are right. I'm not sure weather my standard LED's are bright white or cool white with nothing to compare to. Any idea what was standard in 2014?

uncle_bob 07-28-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gandttimes (Post 2134945)
I'm starting to think you are right. I'm not sure weather my standard LED's are bright white or cool white with nothing to compare to. Any idea what was standard in 2014?

Hi

I think you will find that all the "stock" AS lighting is "warm white" or < 3,000K color temperature. If it reminds you of an incandescent / halogen light ...it's the low color temperature stuff. The reason is pretty simple, few people object to the lower color temperature. The bluer stuff bothers some in the US. Oddly enough if you are marketing in Europe, a somewhat more blue balance is preferred ...

Bob

Paprika 07-28-2018 09:08 AM

"I think you will find that all the 'stock' AS lighting is 'warm white.'

Not in my experience. My 2017 International came with all lights cool (actually cold!) white, with the sole exception of the wall-mounted sconces flanking the dinette table, which were warm white. I replaced many of the fixtures with modern warm white ones, and inserted filters in the rest to bring them to a warmer, friendlier, less clinical color temperature.

Warm white is a more recent development; the older (and cheaper) an LED fixture is, the more likely it is to be cool white. Thus, I'd expect gandttimes's 2014 to have cool white LEDs.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.