Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Long time no see and news! (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/long-time-no-see-and-news-182673.html)

PharmGeek 06-08-2018 12:21 PM

Long time no see and news!

Hey everyone!! We are still around and sorry Iíve been inactive!

Since last year we got super busy and just didnít get a chance to do a trip till now...tomorrow we head to gulf shires state park with our kids for 7 days away from our busy lives!!

Anyway - while we are gone - our new driveway to our airstream existing concrete pad will be poured!!

Iíve been backing over the grass in the front yard to get there and that had been a real pain at times - uglier up the area a bit and worse a couple times we had to wait for the weather to dry up!

No more - 92 feet of smooth pavement Iíll back onto when we return next weekend - weee

Hope you all are well. Happy travels!

Hmm - looks like Iíll have to re-up my membership to post a photo...

rmkrum 06-08-2018 12:30 PM

Glad to see you guys are still around!....totally understand the 'busy' part. Got dragged out of retirement and back to work full-time. I guess my talents are in demand like yours...

Give new driveway PLENTY of time to cure--putting lots of weight on it too soon can cause cracking. Do they plan to pour it at least 3-4 days before you get back? That should be sufficient.

Janet H 06-08-2018 01:06 PM

Glad to see you posting again - have fun out camping this weekend :)

pcskier 06-08-2018 02:23 PM

Welcome back! I was reviewing some old threads and came across a post from last year and realized you'd been absent awhile. It happens, like in The Godfather, just when you think you're out, they pull you back in.

What ever became of your hail damage? I seem to recall you were going to ship it to JC. Everything work out OK?

OTRA15 06-08-2018 02:51 PM

Welcome back! And the Bonfire -- how is that working out?

[click on orange arrow to go there]
Quote:

Originally Posted by PharmGeek (Post 1982416)
I carry mine won the bag they provided - works great

PharmGeek 06-08-2018 07:27 PM

Bonfire is a bit more aged in appearance but I love it - use it in the backyard!! Iíd buy it again - it did get some superficial rust inside but it is minimal and I left it outide a few times for a week - woops

You can see the hail damage discussion

I took the money and actually have yet to cash out as I am about to first build the carport roof before I send that check to the bank...progressive said I have no time limit on that check - I just didnít want to cash out before I built a bit of protection.

The hail damage is barely noticeable.

Iíll post some new family photos this week too

kendrick.l.j 06-08-2018 07:57 PM

I was just thinking about your Bonfire yesterday. Good to see you back. Have a wonderful trip with the family.

GMFL 06-08-2018 08:43 PM

Be safe my north Alabama brother. We are headed to Camp Gulf Monday after Fatherís Day for a beach week. Enjoy the gulf.

truffies 06-09-2018 10:35 AM

Wait with a beer

I would wait for a more than 4 days to use. Min of 20 days and crea. takes up to 90 days to completely setup or more.

ShinyPete 06-09-2018 11:44 AM

ďI didnít know who you were withĒ...... Sorry pcskier, I couldnít resist.

Welcome ďbackĒ Pharm!

PharmGeek 06-16-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinyPete (Post 2112743)
ďI didnít know who you were withĒ...... Sorry pcskier, I couldnít resist.

Welcome ďbackĒ Pharm!

Thanks! Iím on AS vacation now in gulf shores - Lovin it!