Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   General Interior Topics (
-   -   zOLOTONE (

iguana 09-19-2002 12:52 AM

First time, extremely proud, new owner of a 1969 Overlander !!!
Inside looks as though is was painted at one time. I would like to "re-paint the paint". Does anyone know if the '69 had vinyl or Zolotone so I will know what type of paint to get ???

airstreamcaravel 09-19-2002 08:06 AM

Paint or Paper
I would think that a 69 has the vinyl paper. Not sure what the cut date was for the zolotone, but it was sometime before

I'm sure others will pipe in with the exact years. I like my vinyl!
and would NOT change to anything else.

67 Caravel

Inland RV Center, In 09-19-2002 09:26 AM

Zolotone was last used in the 1964 models. From 1965 and up, at least until the very recent models, the interior walls were "viny clad" aluminum, which is a vinyl coating bonded to the metal. It cannot be removed.
It can be painted, provided you properly prepare the surface.
It's a long and tedious job.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.