Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2016 - Current Classic (all lengths) (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/)
-   -   2018 Temperature Spikes (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f540/2018-temperature-spikes-173840.html)

Kyet 10-12-2017 06:52 PM

2018 Temperature Spikes

2 Attachment(s)
I am my wits end here. Every day it is something else. Although this is the 2nd temperature spike. I know someone has experienced this maybe others have suggestions. I have 3 dogs and so this is kinda do or die for me. I feel as though I could never trust leaving them for one minute at this point. Last night before I went to bed, but after my lousy tepid shower, I turned all things Firefly Off. I also turned the ALDE shower temp (under the sink) back to it's normal mid temp of 84. So the heat pumps were off (AC & Heat), the ALDE was off, the lights outside were even off (although according to the Firefly the outdoor lights were on but they were not which is a continuing issue that I was charged for during warranty work?). I turned everything of because the temp outside was perfect. Big rain storm, no humidity, and the temp was around 70. I woke up in a frickin dry sauna, again. This time the two registers in the bedroom ceiling over my bed fell out. Haven't had any of these fall out before. Good thing 2 of the dogs were at the parents and I had only the super eldest with me so we were in the center of the bed. Those are heavy and sharp. As you can see by the photos various entities are fighting each other. The back bedroom heat pump was heating and the front was trying to cool as fast as it could. The radiators never came on. There is no way that this Firefly panel is anything but screwed up. Airstream please help me or let me exchange this trailer. The list goes on. Every time I think we have made steps forward we make 2 steps back. Has anyone heard of the software fix yet for the 2018 Classic Firefly?

SteveSueMac 10-12-2017 07:22 PM

Sounds frustrating. Sorry to hear it. Call your dealer or call AS directly. Should be under warranty. I don't have any of those in my 2012 so I can't offer any help with your specific issues other than to call your dealer or AS. Good luck!

paiceman 10-13-2017 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyet (Post 2020833)
I am my wits end here. Every day it is something else. Although this is the 2nd temperature spike. I know someone has experienced this maybe others have suggestions. I have 3 dogs and so this is kinda do or die for me. I feel as though I could never trust leaving them for one minute at this point. Last night before I went to bed, but after my lousy tepid shower, I turned all things Firefly Off. I also turned the ALDE shower temp (under the sink) back to it's normal mid temp of 84. So the heat pumps were off (AC & Heat), the ALDE was off, the lights outside were even off (although according to the Firefly the outdoor lights were on but they were not which is a continuing issue that I was charged for during warranty work?). I turned everything of because the temp outside was perfect. Big rain storm, no humidity, and the temp was around 70. I woke up in a frickin dry sauna, again. This time the two registers in the bedroom ceiling over my bed fell out. Haven't had any of these fall out before. Good thing 2 of the dogs were at the parents and I had only the super eldest with me so we were in the center of the bed. Those are heavy and sharp. As you can see by the photos various entities are fighting each other. The back bedroom heat pump was heating and the front was trying to cool as fast as it could. The radiators never came on. There is no way that this Firefly panel is anything but screwed up. Airstream please help me or let me exchange this trailer. The list goes on. Every time I think we have made steps forward we make 2 steps back. Has anyone heard of the software fix yet for the 2018 Classic Firefly?

Bummer. As I think I've stated before the 2018 is so different from the 2017 I can't help with the Firefly issues. However, the falling vent is a long time issue. The flexing of the Aluminum with the plastic hold down clips of the vent don't work at times, ours have not fallen out, yet in about 8,000 miles. But, easy fix can be accomplished. Duck tape around the inside of the aluminum hole and then snap the vent back in OR put some zip ties thru the hold clips on the vent and snap it back in. Both systems work.

Not sure why you were charged for warranty work, you should not be. The Airstream has a two year warranty. As was suggested I'd also suggest you call Airstream factory and get their help.

Bud

xrvr 10-13-2017 05:32 AM

The forums are independent of the factory or dealer.call one or the other for help.

AirstreamInc 10-13-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyet (Post 2020833)

Kyet,

Congratulations on your new Classic and sorry to learn about some of the issues you're having. Please call our customer service and technical support team at*1 (877) 596-6111, option 2 so we can help.

Thank you!

ROBERT CROSS 10-14-2017 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ALDE not allowed. ;)

......"some of the issues you're having" >>>Interesting choice of werds.

I'd wish you good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it, hope all gets resolved ASAP.

POI...40 posts, really, how concerned can they be. Time to revive the TOWN HALL thread?

Bob
:flowers:

kendrick.l.j 10-14-2017 02:36 PM

If it were me, I would call Airstream in Jackson Center and speak with John in Customer Services or Artie in service department. Both are great and will do everything possible to get your kinks worked out.
As, the vents fail, and failed often, all of mine have hit the floor once. I just took them out completely until I can find a better solution. I did try some of the fixes suggested here but it didn’t look very good.
Can’t help you with the new Alde/Firefly system as those are only on the 18’s.
Give Jackson Center a call.

Kyet 10-14-2017 11:39 PM

Airstream and I are in touch again. Let’s hope we can get one step forward and then another step forward.

paiceman 10-15-2017 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendrick.l.j (Post 2021453)
If it were me, I would call Airstream in Jackson Center and speak with John in Customer Services or Artie in service department. Both are great and will do everything possible to get your kinks worked out.
As, the vents fail, and failed often, all of mine have hit the floor once. I just took them out completely until I can find a better solution. I did try some of the fixes suggested here but it didnít look very good.
Canít help you with the new Alde/Firefly system as those are only on the 18ís.
Give Jackson Center a call.

The tape solution which I've used does not change the appearance of the vents at all?

Bud

Kyet 10-15-2017 11:43 PM

It may seem counterintuitive to all, but I am not planning on fixing these “smaller” things as there will be more than enough of that when it’s out of warranty. I am still considering this a brand new trailer and until everything is repaired I will not consider it anything else. Bad enough I had to start paying for it 1 month in advance if my ever seeing it or signing for it due to some dealer high jinx.