Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   AIR Midwest : How about a Metro-Detroit get-together (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/how-about-a-metro-detroit-get-together-16192.html)

Anon 04-17-2005 10:11 PM

How about a Metro-Detroit get-together
 
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a July, August or September get-together somewhere near Metro-Detroit?
There are quite a few nice places to camp nearby. It would be nice to get something that we can do close to home.
Please use the poll attached to this thread to let me know how many would be interested in attending something like this.
Maybe we can talk to Moraine View folks in giving some suggestions and tips to plan a successful get-together... :)
It does not have to be anything extravagant. Just a little weekend outing.

sfixx 04-18-2005 06:53 AM

Sign me up Lou! Great idea :)

I like August or September better than July.

Steve

driftwood 04-18-2005 07:08 AM

Metro Detroit area events 2005
 
For the people that Love things that 'roll on wheels' here's some great events in the Detroit area:

1- Motor Muster in Greenfield Village, June 18 - 19
2 - 27th Annual Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance, August 7, 2005
3 - Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village, September 10 - 11

And of course there is the Grand event that Airstreams could parade in (don't think it's ever been done before)

Woodward Dream Cruise, AUGUST 20, 2005

A great area of the country to see and appreciate rolling stock of the country.

Anon 04-18-2005 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfixx
Sign me up Lou! Great idea :)

I like August or September better than July.

Steve

I like the August/September time frame myself.
How about some ideas as to where it could be held?
I know the TCT's have two events at Camp Dearborn.
I was thinking that there are several state parks nearby. The best ones are about an hour outside of Detroit. Lord knows there is nothing right near the suburbs. The list can be found at www.michigan.gov.
How about Sleepy Hollow State Park just north of Lansing?

Anon 04-18-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driftwood
For the people that Love things that 'roll on wheels' here's some great events in the Detroit area:

1- Motor Muster in Greenfield Village, June 18 - 19
2 - 27th Annual Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance, August 7, 2005
3 - Old Car Festival in Greenfield Village, September 10 - 11

And of course there is the Grand event that Airstreams could parade in (don't think it's ever been done before)

Woodward Dream Cruise, AUGUST 20, 2005

A great area of the country to see and appreciate rolling stock of the country.

There is a HUGE KOA right near Greenfield Village! Just going to Greenfield Village is a BLAST! The Old Car Festival falls within the September time frame.
The dream cruise is cool but it was better when it was smaller. Now, you cannot get anywhere near Royal Oak on that weekend.
Just remember, it was Detroit that put the world on wheels! :)

Jabba 04-18-2005 04:33 PM

The State Parks have been a pain to get into during the summer lately, not saying it isn't worth trying...

TCT is in May and September.

Have to think of something nearby... hmmmmm :confused:

Anon 04-18-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
The State Parks have been a pain to get into during the summer lately, not saying it isn't worth trying...

TCT is in May and September.

Have to think of something nearby... hmmmmm :confused:

Jason,
I can only think of Camp Dearborn or the Greenfield Village KOA.
Then there is always the parks outside the immediate area. Like the Emmett KOA. Port Huron KOA and a couple others I can't think of right now.
We would have Steve from Ohio who would be the southernmost right now! :)

66Overlander 04-19-2005 12:35 AM

Interested, if the date works out . . .
 
Living in the Detroit Metro area, I'd try to make it if it doesn't conflict with anything else on our schedule (maybe a 50-50 proposition). Last year we wanted to attend the Mackinac get together, but it fell in the middle of our big vacation out of town vacation, so we missed it. I was wondering if something "Forum" related would be set up in or near Michigan this year. For us a (long?) weekend type of event would be better than a week long event (like last years Mackinac event). Having never camped locally, I have no ideas to suggest for campgrounds, but it would be nice to tie it in to one of the local events, or even to a trip to Greenfield Village and/or the Henry Ford Museum.

Anon 04-19-2005 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Living in the Detroit Metro area, I'd try to make it if it doesn't conflict with anything else on our schedule (maybe a 50-50 proposition). Last year we wanted to attend the Mackinac get together, but it fell in the middle of our big vacation out of town vacation, so we missed it. I was wondering if something "Forum" related would be set up in or near Michigan this year. For us a (long?) weekend type of event would be better than a week long event (like last years Mackinac event). Having never camped locally, I have no ideas to suggest for campgrounds, but it would be nice to tie it in to one of the local events, or even to a trip to Greenfield Village and/or the Henry Ford Museum.

I think that would be a good idea.
How about something an hour or two away from home?
Did you vote?
I am going to use the pool results to decide if it worth spending time on organizing it.

66Overlander 04-19-2005 12:54 AM

Lou, I didn't vote, because I can't with certainty say that we'd attend if you set something up (maybe if there was a "maybe" button I could vote). Such an event would be enticing, but in actuallity our participation would depend upon the date selected. We already have plans for certain weeks and weekends in July, August, and September. Plus we're still working stiffs. And most importantly I gotta check with "the boss", if you know what I mean.

An hour or two from home wouldn't be a problem. In that regard we did set up the trailer at a (County?) Park/Camp Ground on the Lake Huron shore north of Port Huron last year. Lorrie seemed to like it (I towed the Airstream up and back, but couldn't stay). I can't remember the name, but I could look it up if necessary.

Anon 04-19-2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou, I didn't vote, because I can't with certainty say that we'd attend if you set something up (maybe if there was a "maybe" button I could vote). Such an event would be enticing, but in actuallity our participation would depend upon the date selected. We already have plans for certain weeks and weekends in July, August, and September. Plus we're still working stiffs. And most importantly I gotta check with "the boss", if you know what I mean.

An hour or two from home wouldn't be a problem. In that regard we did set up the trailer at a (County?) Park/Camp Ground on the Lake Huron shore north of Port Huron last year. Lorrie seemed to like it (I towed the Airstream up and back, but couldn't stay). I can't remember the name, but I could look it up if necessary.

I will make a mental note of a "definite maybe" then! :)
Since things are in their infancy, what would be a good weekend for you in August or September?
I am still a working stiff too. It makes it difficult to get everyhting done around the house and take weekend trips too boot. I have decided that I need to get the trailer out this year and it does not look like we will be able to take our yearly trip to Kentucky Lake down near Paducah, KY. Gas is too high and time is tight.

Jabba 04-19-2005 10:52 AM

There is Myer's Lake Campground in Argentine (west of Fenton, off us-23), Monroe KOA (right on US-23). Unfortunately nothing close in to town. I guess I'll have to take a trip and check out that KOA nearby, it's only about 20 minutes away. The whole idea sounds interesting to me, I'm a working stiff too, I'm going to have to monitor what everyone else does, can't commit to anything yet, we are working on trying to move this summer, so that could tie up everything. Please keep me posted though!

Anon 04-19-2005 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
There is Myer's Lake Campground in Argentine (west of Fenton, off us-23), Monroe KOA (right on US-23). Unfortunately nothing close in to town. I guess I'll have to take a trip and check out that KOA nearby, it's only about 20 minutes away. The whole idea sounds interesting to me, I'm a working stiff too, I'm going to have to monitor what everyone else does, can't commit to anything yet, we are working on trying to move this summer, so that could tie up everything. Please keep me posted though!

I have been by the KOA off of US-23. It is decent looking.
My brother stayed there back in the late 90's while he was in Toledo on business. He liked it.
Never heard of Myer's Lake Campgound before. That sounds like it is worth investigating. I will have to research it.

66Overlander 04-19-2005 09:35 PM

Since you asked . . .
 
Lou, Our schedule isn't completely firmed up yet, but since you are asked . . . as of right now, I'd say the best weekends for us might be: July 30-31, Aug 6-7, Aug 13-14, Sept 24-25, or for that matter we could consider Oct 1-2. For some of these, we might be able to add the Friday before, with some planning, too.

However, since Lorrie and I are only "definite maybe's", if you can get any weekend to work for everyone else, go for it with out regard for our schedule.

Jabba 04-19-2005 10:06 PM

OK, talked to the boss, it is a "possibility" for us.

Myers Lake is www.myerslake.com

Couldn't find a listing for a website for the Detroit Greenfiled KOA, went to the KOA website for info, will do a drive-by (thru) if we can get in.

Going thru our Woodall's book, finding several within an hour, but have no idea what they are like, makes me wonder :confused: seem to be more seasonal...

Anon 04-20-2005 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66Overlander
Lou, Our schedule isn't completely firmed up yet, but since you are asking . . . as of right now, I'd say the best weekends for us might be: July 30-31, Aug 6-7, Aug 13-14, Sept 24-25, or for that matter we could consider Oct 1-2. For some of these, we might be able to add the Friday before, with some planning, too.

However, since Lorrie and I are only "definite maybe's", if you can get any weekend to work for everyone else, go for it with out regard for our schedule.

Well, we can set it up for whatever will work for all of us. I am sure that all of use can make one of those dates.
What do the rest of you think? Take a look at those dates, guys. Let me know what will work.
I am still game no matter how many people come. Right now, with you guys, we are looking at about four of us. That would be better than none of us! :)
I would really like to show off the Minuet this year, that's for sure.
I would like to be able to go to the Moraine View Rally but that is out of the question considering how far away it is.
I am geeked about the whole idea. I am glad to see that there is some interest in something like this.
Steve-would you be able to make Fenton, MI? It is just south of Flint.
I think there is enough interest to put a loose-knit gathering together.

apple 1 04-21-2005 08:32 AM

While I have not been very active on the site I do visit the site 3 or 4 times a week and would enjoy getting togeather with the group. I would suggest September as many people put there campers away after labor day just like they close there swiming pools. Since our kids have grown up we have done a lot of travel in September and October and never need reservations that time of year. However if the group wants to do it in July or August we can of course set up something with a campground. The idea of the Monroe KOA might attract many from northern Ohio as it is close to the state line.

There are also some nice state parks in the Brighton Pickney area however they do not have water and sewer hookups. As I am retired I would be happy to help set this up and will go and visit any campground of interest to the group and make reservations or arrangements as necessary.

Jim

AYRSTRM2 04-21-2005 01:57 PM

Hiya, sorry away from the Internet for the last two weeks and I missed this thread. We, too, live in the Detroit Metro area, and I think you might want to consider Algonac State Park for close to the D camping. I have not stayed there yet but we have liked the SPs in MI so far.

Yes, the SPs are hard to get a spot, IF you don't plan ahead, but they are well, well worth it. I think that if you want to do this you need to plan for either late August or early September to get the campsites you want. We hit a campground by St Joe's last summer the weekend before Labor day and had the entire place to ourselves, actually kind of creepy.

We stayed at JP Hoffmaster SP near Holland last year and had a great time. The parks are clean and they mostly have nice big shaded sites. We are staying at Port Crescent State Park on Lake Huron in June and I can't wait. That's the great thing about the MI state parks, many of them are on the lakes.

Well, anyway, count us in, depending on the date. And I can scout thumb region parks if you like.

John

Anon 04-21-2005 03:13 PM

I am glad to see that this is picking up some steam!
I would think the September timeframe would be good too.
I have two small girls and one will be starting kindergarten this fall but missing one day will not kill her.
John-right now we are open to any park. We have a few ideas but nothing firmed up yet. If you have any that are near you, go look and report back to us. Take pictures if you can.
The September idea is good because the campgrounds are not that full.
I am up for it.

jimmickle 04-21-2005 05:30 PM

We are interested. Just got home from the forums rally at Hiawassee, Georgia and had a great time. Please stay away from September 24-25 as the Metro Detroit WBCCI has a buddy rally scheduled for that weekend. It will be at Groveland Oaks county park near Holly. Of course, you all are invited to that event. Something near Greenfield Village would be great.

Algonac is great if you can get into the riverfront part, but that normally takes reservations well in advance if you want to be close to the river so you can watch the freighters go by. Getting everybody together would be tough as every third site is not reservable. The wagonwheel area is way back off the river and usually heavy with bugs. I won't stay there.

Anon 04-21-2005 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmickle
We are interested. Just got home from the forums rally at Hiawassee, Georgia and had a great time. Please stay away from September 24-25 as the Metro Detroit WBCCI has a buddy rally scheduled for that weekend. It will be at Groveland Oaks county park near Holly. Of course, you all are invited to that event. Something near Greenfield Village would be great.

Algonac is great if you can get into the riverfront part, but that normally takes reservations well in advance if you want to be close to the river so you can watch the freighters go by. Getting everybody together would be tough as every third site is not reservable. The wagonwheel area is way back off the river and usually heavy with bugs. I won't stay there.

Jim,
It was a pleasure talking to you this evening. Thanks for calling.
Jim and I live relatively close to each other so we are going to meet up and discuss what he has learned from previous rallies.
I am glad to see that this is all coming together!
Right now it is looking like a weekend trip in September. We may try to shoot for the weekend before Labor Day.
If everyone could give us the weekends you are available it will help in finding one that will work for all of us.
I know that a good portion of is are working stiffs so it makes it diificult to nail down a date but let's see where we can take this.
As Jim said, the buddy rally for the local WBCCI is the weekend of Sept. 24-25. We are planning on attending. I hope the rest of you will consider it too.

Jabba 04-22-2005 06:28 AM

Just a note, if considering the Monroe KOA, it has waterslides and stuff for the kids, just thinking warmer weather would be more appropriate for that park. Weekend before Labor Day would still probably work for there.

Anon 04-22-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba
Just a note, if considering the Monroe KOA, it has waterslides and stuff for the kids, just thinking warmer weather would be more appropriate for that park. Weekend before Labor Day would still probably work for there.

I have been by that park a number of times at it looks nice from US-23. I even remember the road's name for the exit; Summerville Rd.!
It is a nice park and I am sure that they close the water park after Labor Day.
My two are pretty small so it is not a huge deal about the waterslde. They are happy when they can do any type of outdoor activity.

apple 1 04-22-2005 09:23 AM

I would suggest you pick a date and a park, and confirm with the park they can put us all in one area close togeather, once this information is posted we can begin to make individual reservations. There is no way you can pick a date when all can attend. If I can be of any help setting this up let me know.
Jim

Anon 04-22-2005 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apple 1
I would suggest you pick a date and a park, and confirm with the park they can put us all in one area close togeather, once this information is posted we can begin to make individual reservations. There is no way you can pick a date when all can attend. If I can be of any help setting this up let me know.
Jim

Jim,

I have never done this before so I am new to it. I would appreciate any help you can give.
Jim Mickle and I live relatively close to each other. We had loosely planned on getting together to try to pick some date a nd some place.
Thanks for putting us on the right track. Your help will be greatly appreciated and readily accepted by Jim and myself.
If you would prefer to contact me via phone, my contact information is contained in my profile.

ITOWAIR 04-24-2005 01:41 PM

Metro Detroit event
 
Hello all I am the Presedent of the Metro Detroit Chapter of the WBCCI. Jim Mickle gave us a call and told us what was being discussed on the Fourm. This weekend we had our shakedown rally and talked about your get together.

We (The Metro Detroit WBCCI Unit) currently have a buddy rally planed for September at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County. We would like to invite any and all of you to attend our event and make this a Metro Detroit / Buddy / Airstream Foum Rally. We currently have a large goup site reserved , we feel we can accomadate a large or small turn out.

We are not your tipical WBCCI unit , not so much pomp and circumstance as most. We can post the details and handle the aragments if this is acceptable to you all.As this is a Buddy rally membership in the WBCCI is not required and not expcected.

I look foward to the oppertunity to meet fellow Airstreamers form Michigan and throughout the Midwest. Let me know if there is intrest. Our Host will also be posting here soon.

PS I love the AIR stickers, our Log in name ITOWAIR is also our linsense plate, we wanted to gett AIR for the trailer but it was already taken.

AYRSTRM2 04-24-2005 02:02 PM

Weekend before Labor Day...
 
may be closed for us at my place. The Allegan antique fair is that weekend and we are looking to camping on the west side of the state and attend it. So, Mid September is sounding better.

John

wagongirl 04-25-2005 06:32 PM

Lou,

Sounds like it's a good plan coming along nicely. We would be one of the "maybes" if the weekend days work into our schedule. Thanks for your work in planning, from the look of the thread, seams like your getting some great ideas on parks I know I am :)

Airstorm 04-25-2005 07:34 PM

Metro-Detroit Rally
 
Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah. I am 20 years old and a third generation Airstreamer. I am the host of the September of the rally for the WBCCI and I am also the secretary of the Metro-Detroit unit. I would like to extend an invention to everyone that will be in the area to attend my rally September 23-25th at Groveland Oaks.
So far we have a potluck dinner planned for Friday night,and a catered dinner for Saturday night. We also provide breakfast for Saturday and Sunday. Depending on the weather we also will have campfires Friday and Saturday nights.
For those of you not familiar with the area it is close to Great Lakes Crossing, Canterberry Village, historic downtown Holly, and the Rennaisance Festival will be going on that weekend. Or you can just hang-out at the park.
Our WBCCI unit is not like any other. We are a very laid back bunch of people that are in it for the fun of camping.
I truly hope that all of you can make it and I look forward to a weekend filled with fun.

wheel interested 04-25-2005 08:08 PM

We're in Lapeer, MI
 
I like the Port Huron idea. I would have voted but need an additional, interested and may attend line. :) I will follow this thread with interest. We haven't met any local Airstreamers yet.


Quote:

Originally Posted by pattersontoo
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a July, August or September get-together somewhere near Metro-Detroit?
There are quite a few nice places to camp nearby. It would be nice to get something that we can do close to home.
Please use the poll attached to this thread to let me know how many would be interested in attending something like this.
Maybe we can talk to Moraine View folks in giving some suggestions and tips to plan a successful get-together... :)
It does not have to be anything extravagant. Just a little weekend outing.


Anon 04-26-2005 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Hello all I am the Presedent of the Metro Detroit Chapter of the WBCCI. Jim Mickle gave us a call and told us what was being discussed on the Fourm. This weekend we had our shakedown rally and talked about your get together.

We (The Metro Detroit WBCCI Unit) currently have a buddy rally planed for September at Grovland Oaks in Oakland County. We would like to invite any and all of you to attend our event and make this a Metro Detroit / Buddy / Airstream Foum Rally. We currently have a large goup site reserved , we feel we can accomadate a large or small turn out.

We are not your tipical WBCCI unit , not so much pomp and circumstance as most. We can post the details and handle the aragments if this is acceptable to you all.As this is a Buddy rally membership in the WBCCI is not required and not expcected.

I look foward to the oppertunity to meet fellow Airstreamers form Michigan and throughout the Midwest. Let me know if there is intrest. Our Host will also be posting here soon.

PS I love the AIR stickers, our Log in name ITOWAIR is also our linsense plate, we wanted to gett AIR for the trailer but it was already taken.

Jim and I were supposed to meet this afternoon and due to my father-in-law passing away, I have been helping my mother-in-law when she needs the help. Sorry, Jim.
Jim and I have agreed that the best thing to do is to try to get all of us at the WBCCI event AND get them to come to a forums get-together.
I think that sounds like a good idea.
It would be nice to get those in the Metro-Detroit unit interested in the forums and what they are all about AND get those of us that are not in the WBCCI to one of their events and maybe get us to join them.
I think that is a wonderful idea.
Jim, I will call you tomorrow(today actually) morning so we can get the ball rolling.
It seems like we are picking up a head of steam now!
I want to be able to show off my new axle! Two events are better than one for me to show it off at! :)

Anon 04-26-2005 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagongirl
Lou,

Sounds like it's a good plan coming along nicely. We would be one of the "maybes" if the weekend days work into our schedule. Thanks for your work in planning, from the look of the thread, seams like your getting some great ideas on parks I know I am :)

You are more than welcome to come along. Wait a minute... how can someone be "more than welcome"? Is that possible?
Anyway, you and your old car and trailer would be a spotlight event at anything we plan.
Thanks for the kudos on trying to plan this event.
Jim Mickle and I are both very excited about this. Jim brings his knowledge of other events like this with him. It is he whom I count on to really get me going in the right direction.

Anon 04-26-2005 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheel interested
I like the Port Huron idea. I would have voted but need an additional, interested and may attend line. :) I will follow this thread with interest. We haven't met any local Airstreamers yet.

Well, I can tell that you are "wheel interested" by your choice of username! :p Man, I crack myself up!
The park has not been decided yet as Jim and I will sit down this weekend and get the ball rolling.
There are actually quite a few of is around the area. We just hide in the urban woodwork! :)

Anon 04-26-2005 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airstorm
Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah. I am 20 years old and a third generation Airstreamer. I am the host of the September of the rally for the WBCCI and I am also the secretary of the Metro-Detroit unit. I would like to extend an invention to everyone that will be in the area to attend my rally September 23-25th at Groveland Oaks.
So far we have a potluck dinner planned for Friday night,and a catered dinner for Saturday night. We also provide breakfast for Saturday and Sunday. Depending on the weather we also will have campfires Friday and Saturday nights.
For those of you not familiar with the area it is close to Great Lakes Crossing, Canterberry Village, historic downtown Holly, and the Rennaisance Festival will be going on that weekend. Or you can just hang-out at the park.
Our WBCCI unit is not like any other. We are a very laid back bunch of people that are in it for the fun of camping.
I truly hope that all of you can make it and I look forward to a weekend filled with fun.

Well, let me be the first to formally invite you and your whole unit to the forums get-together that we will set up to be on a different date.
I am planning on attending your buddy rally. It sounds like it is going to be a blast! I know my five year old daughter will enjoy meeting and talking with everyone. 30 more years until she can run for the presidency!
Please let us all know here on the forums what it takes for us to register for your buddy rally in September. Feel free to post any information on this thread. I have no qualms about it. :)

loudruff 04-26-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Jim and I were supposed to meet this afternoon and due to my father-in-law passing away, I have been helping my mother-in-law when she needs the help. Sorry, Jim. :)

Sorry to hear of your loss. We have been in similar circumstances. You have your work cut out for you.
We will look forward to being a part of the Forums gathering when you select a date. Put us down to attend, please. Two weekends traveling to Detroit will too much, but we look forward to meeting you all. We can compare notes on Argosy axles, etc. Ours has had some miles on it and is "holding up" just fine.
Larry and Lou

sfixx 04-26-2005 11:47 AM

Erie Forums Rally
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff
....Put us down to attend, please.

Hi Larry, Lou- I plan on going to the forum rally too, and probably with the kids. We should caravan, eh?

I got my brakes adjusted okay I think but I'd still like to stop by and have you check it out. I've only got 2 weeks until my East Coast trip though. Maybe if it stops snowing for the summer I can come over soon:)

Steve

Anon 04-26-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sfixx
Hi Larry, Lou- I plan on going to the forum rally too, and probably with the kids. We should caravan, eh?

I got my brakes adjusted okay I think but I'd still like to stop by and have you check it out. I've only got 2 weeks until my East Coast trip though. Maybe if it stops snowing for the summer I can come over soon:)

Steve

Steve,
You are more than welcome at my home, buddy.
A caravan sounds like fun. Used to do it with my entire family when I was younger. All of us had Airstreams or Argosys.
I am going over to Jim Mickle's home right now. We are going to start figuring the where and when today.

Jabba 04-26-2005 04:02 PM

Thunder Over Michigan Airshow is the first weekend in August if anyone is interested then.

loudruff 04-26-2005 06:58 PM

Caravan to Detroit Forums Rally
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfixx
Hi Larry, Lou- I plan on going to the forum rally too, and probably with the kids. We should caravan, eh?

Steve,
That sounds like a great idea. We would like to caravan. Maybe some other northern Ohioans will join us. I will PM Blucloud and see if he is interested too.
Larry :rolleyes:

ITOWAIR 04-26-2005 08:40 PM

Metro Detroit Rally
 
Well it looks like there will be two rallies in Metro Detroit this late summer/fall

We will try to attend both , I hope many of you will as well.

All are welcome to attend the WBCCI Metro Detroit Rally. Any one intrested can send me a PM or contact me at theandyman@wideopenwest.com

I will also post a regestration cuopon as soon as we have them ready.

Anon 04-27-2005 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudruff
Steve,
That sounds like a great idea. We would like to caravan. Maybe some other northern Ohioans will join us. I will PM Blucloud and see if he is interested too.
Larry :rolleyes:

If we go north of me, you can meet up here and we will go together!

Anon 04-27-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITOWAIR
Well it looks like there will be two rallies in Metro Detroit this late summer/fall

We will try to attend both , I hope many of you will as well.

All are welcome to attend the WBCCI Metro Detroit Rally. Any one intrested can send me a PM or contact me at theandyman@wideopenwest.com

I will also post a regestration cuopon as soon as we have them ready.

Let's give them our support, people.
I will be the first to say that the Patterson clan is ready and willing to attend both!

Anon 04-28-2005 08:10 PM

Ok folks.
I have called around and have come up with two very good choices. One is to the north and one is to the south.
First of all, the dates are now set for August 26th-August 28th. I will post a new thread after I confer with Jim Mickle about the choices. I have called about twenty parks and the two I have picked are pretty good.
First of all, I want to see how many are willing to go with those dates set for the rally.
Jim Mickle and I met and we discussed it and those dates seem to be the best.
We will also have signs for the front of everyone's Airstream/Argosy. Something to stick out in the yard near your unit.
I also would like to do a "map" of where everyone is parked. One of the parks will allow us the use their covered pavilion FREE of charge.
Please, if you have not voted on this poll do so now. I will be posting the voting for the two choices tonight.

Anon 04-28-2005 08:11 PM

By the way....
Is there anyone else that would like to help set this up?
Help print things out and maybe set up who can bring what for a potluck dinner?
Maybe help with some activities and firewood haulers.

Anon 04-29-2005 12:04 AM

I just posted a Metro-Detroit Rally Vote poll!
Check it out and cast your votes.
The poll is due to close 7 days from now.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.