Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Our Community (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Things to get started (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/things-to-get-started-144940.html)

cazual6 12-23-2015 12:46 PM

Things to get started

1 Attachment(s)
This is a list I made for a friend who bought a trailer, not an AirStream, but a trailer nevertheless. For any of you who have or got just one, I hope this helps.

funkill 12-23-2015 02:14 PM

I've got at least a dozen of these items. :blink:

All kidding aside, this is a nice comprehensive list. You're a good friend to put it together!

Laura

Pphan13 12-27-2015 05:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Cazual,

Thanks! I just bought a used airstream, my first trailer, 2 weeks ago and trying to figure out what to put in there to be ready for my first trip. I'm assuming it'll be an ever growing list as you start to figure out what else you need.

Lily&Me 12-27-2015 06:11 AM

In addition to a tool bag, you basically want a small, well equipped little home on wheels.

Everyone you need for life and basic comfort.....if you never cook, a bit less. :lol:

Maggie

AWCHIEF 12-27-2015 07:50 AM

I have many of those items but honestly see no need for some listed. Everyone needs to and will develope their on list as they gain experience. I keep a note pad out to make notes on what I need to add for the next trip and more importantly what I can leave home. My inventory and to do list is constantly changing.

VT Wanderer 12-27-2015 01:48 PM

I have a VERY comprehensive packing list, from kitchen, tools and bath to items needed on different types of our adventures - kayaking, biking, rock climbing, etc. If you would like a PDF copy email me at: sgraner@aol.com

twolanehwy 12-27-2015 07:03 PM

I always forget my list...LOL!

Seemore2006 12-27-2015 10:16 PM

Casual6 I've read quite a few of these but appreciate yours! Didn't know about the key safe and thanks for tip on gun safes.

cazual6 12-27-2015 11:44 PM

Pphan13, you did it right by making it an AirStream. My trailers name is "Ramses" and it is also the license plate.

cazual6 12-27-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWCHIEF (Post 1728098)
I have many of those items but honestly see no need for some listed. Everyone needs to and will develope their on list as they gain experience. I keep a note pad out to make notes on what I need to add for the next trip and more importantly what I can leave home. My inventory and to do list is constantly changing.

Everyone will have their list. Share yours so we can get ideas.

m.hony 12-28-2015 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pphan13 (Post 1728059)
Cazual,

Thanks! I just bought a used airstream, my first trailer, 2 weeks ago and trying to figure out what to put in there to be ready for my first trip. I'm assuming it'll be an ever growing list as you start to figure out what else you need.

You'll figure it out as you go.
5 years from now you will still be adding items.
"It would be nice if I had a so-and-so."
"A such-and-such would be real handy/convenient right about now."

cazual6 12-28-2015 08:41 PM

I concur. Every trip I take, makes me want to get more. It becomes a questions of "NEED" vs "WANT".

Camp Tomlin 12-30-2015 01:41 PM

Sheets

Just bought our first camper. A 2016 Flying Cloud 27'. My question is what size sheets actually fit the master bed and the dining and couch beds?

cazual6 12-30-2015 11:17 PM

They are not available at department stores or commercial outlets, only through Airstream from what I found.

SeaLevel 12-31-2015 03:32 AM

Also check AB Lifestyles online. They make nice stuff for Airstreams.

DreamStreamr 01-18-2016 09:14 AM

Great list, casual6. Like AWChief says, some will differ on what they want. Your list provides a terrific guide for anyone wanting to get a jumpstart. Thanks for sharing it. And like you and m.hony stated, there's always another thing I want or need. Deb's dad says our wants won't kill us, and they do tend to deplete our cash. So we try to evaluate on basis of whether it's a problem needing solved and the best solution we can afford.

About the sheets, Camp Tomlin, we have 25' corner bed with two round corners on the mattress. We use full fitted, they're a darned good fit on ours. We seem to find good ones at Bed Bath & Beyond most times.

cazual6 10-25-2016 12:01 PM

It is amazing how I posted that almost a year ago and countless trips, I still end up buying stuff after EVERY trip. The wife keeps telling me it's useless until I prove to her that it is not, but she won't ever admit it. As others have said, I see this as a NEVER ending list.