Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/)
-   -   New guy reporting in... (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f368/new-guy-reporting-in-135683.html)

USMCret 05-26-2015 02:22 PM

New guy reporting in...

Have plans to buy an Airstream 25' Flying Cloud (twin beds in back) later this year. Will tow with a 2014 Tundra. Joined this forum to try to get all of the due diligence answers to questions I should be asking before I sign on the dotted line. First question: is there an "Airstream for Dummies" link that I can go to, to save all of you good folks the hassle of dealing with potential buyer questions?

Will probably join the Tundra forum, too, to get specific answers about towing with my truck.

There's a lot to take in before I drive that silver bullet off the lot! Good thing is, I have the time to get smart.

Thanks in advance.

Flying Gypsies 05-26-2015 02:35 PM

Welcome aboard! There is a search feature on the forum that is sometimes helpful- otherwise, fire away! One thing I have found about the folks on this forum- they are nice, friendly and willing to help. I know that I have seen a thread about towing with a Tundra, so you can search for that and it may answer some of your questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

LBOskiBear 05-26-2015 03:32 PM

There's a "Newbies Guide to Airstreaming" book that is available on Amazon - and it's even available in Kindle format. It's a quick read and I found it very helpful. I believe many here also recommend it.

Plasma800 05-26-2015 03:48 PM

welcome aboard, I just went through your exact process. Feel free to PM me if needed.

BTW, you're not hassling anyone asking any manner of questions. great group of people here.

NavyCorpsman 05-26-2015 05:05 PM

OOH-RAH! Consider this place a big school circle. I do not think that there is a topic that has not been covered. Everybody here is passionate about all things Airstream, and want to see you enjoy every aspect of this great hobby / way of life. Ask away. Welcome aboard and Semper Fi!

richw46 05-26-2015 05:27 PM

Welcome to the forum USMCret, glad to have you here. Best advice? Read the owner's manual cover to cover. A lot of questions are answered there. My biggest fear was the first dump station dump. I did everything right but the pipe was partially clogged. Nice learning experience.

Arm yourself with a sense of humor, relax and enjoy. In the immortal words of Sidney Freedman, "Sometimes you just have to pull down your pants and slide on the ice". Lots of good folk here and on the road.

Be sure to check in at the Veterans Fall In post
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...l-in-7798.html

moosetags 05-26-2015 05:57 PM

Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

Welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

You have found the right place for all things Airstream. I would start by reading the threads here on the Forums that deal directly with the 25 footers. You will find virtually every issue addressed. Because you will be reading this information on a forum, as opposed to in a book, if there is something that is not clear, you can ask questions.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Brian

Louie Dee 05-27-2015 12:01 PM

Welcome to The A/S World

Hi,
I too just joined the Forum but have been into A/S since 1985. Owned 12 A/S and just can't seem to hang onto one for very long as the next one looks even better! I also have owned several SOBs. Current A/S is a 1990 25' Excella.
Reason I am responding to you, which I do not normally do, is I also served in the USMC, 62 -63. Glad to share the road with another Marine.
The WBCCI Just lost a former International President & Marine Corp Officer.

Best advise; keep the shiny side up by understanding what you are doing in advance. Read, ask, join an A/S Unit & have fun.

Welcome Aboard,

Dr. De in Denver

Wayne&Sam 05-27-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBOskiBear (Post 1627484)
There's a "Newbies Guide to Airstreaming" book that is available on Amazon - and it's even available in Kindle format. It's a quick read and I found it very helpful. I believe many here also recommend it.

And it came with my 2014 25' FC Rear Twin. It may have been from the dealer rather than Airstream, I'm not sure.

cwf 05-27-2015 10:23 PM

Welcome aboard !

Here in Round Rock.. Marine family.. Semper Fidelis!

Check PM..