Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   General Repair Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Hail Damage (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/hail-damage-133774.html)

heslinhotel 04-15-2015 01:33 PM

Hail Damage

April 8th a day that will go down in infamy.
We had a major hail storm hit us that night, 15 minutes of pure terror:sad:. I couldn't do anything to protect our house, truck, van, Airstream, or Argosy.
Smallest hail was golf ball size, then the big stuff came, the size of tennis balls and base balls. Couldn't see either trailer because of tarps, had to wait till morning. Not a pretty sight. Excella has major damage to end caps and top, by some miracle solar panels survived, AC shroud did not. No window damage. Argosy did not have any end cap damage thanks to Steel Caps, AC shroud is toast.
Insurance co tried to tell me no coverage for Airstream, them made them look at policy under comprehensive coverage and low and behold some damage might be covered there. My roof on House and 2 out bldgs. has been declared total loss, Van totaled, Truck might be repairable, Gas pack for heat/ac was a total also.
Now its time to rebuild. :blink:

m.hony 04-15-2015 01:38 PM

We got hail damage to the truck snd trailer last April. I did nothing. We'll live with the dimples.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

m.hony 04-15-2015 01:38 PM

We did get a new roof on the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Lily&Me 04-15-2015 01:47 PM

Yikes!

I'll never forget the first Alumalina, when we had winds, hail and heavy rain.:blink:

Some very frantic owners of new aluminum hitched up and ran with their trailers, to try to protect them from the hail. :blush:

Battle scars.....shows they have been around a bit. :bb:

Maggie

Jammer 04-15-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heslinhotel (Post 1608050)
by some miracle solar panels survived

The miracle at work is called tempered glass.

Quote:

Now its time to rebuild. :blink:
Best wishes as you do so. Depending on your situation, insurance may be required to pay for some updates that would otherwise have ultimately been on your dime, a silver lining, as it were.

robert claus 04-15-2015 04:17 PM

Wow - I hope it works out for you. You're so helpless when that happens. I have some light hail dimples in my trailer. That storm took out the a/c shroud and vent covers, too. I didn't bother with an insurance claim at that time, but may claim it all if there is a next time. I found a great replacement for the a/c shroud at Replacement RV Parts & Fender Skirts - AC Shrouds & more - IconDirect.com

heslinhotel 04-15-2015 07:23 PM

Hail

4 Attachment(s)
:blush:This is what some of the damage looked like.
Maggie the little pea hail at first Alumalina was nothing compared to this. We have had a wild winter here in NC, now spring is sending us a new batch of mother natures' arsenal of bad weather. My new puppy keeps wondering what comes next.

Lily&Me 04-15-2015 07:54 PM

:(

Maggie