Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Florida Forum Rally at Blue Springs (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/florida-forum-rally-at-blue-springs-12851.html)

thenewkid64 07-23-2004 02:48 PM

Florida Forum Rally at Blue Springs

Since all of the other forum rallies are too far away for me to attend I decided that may be it was time to start one of my own. :D

I have a good state park picked, water and 30 amp power for $20.00 per nite
It is centrally located in the state, lots to do in the park, there are other things going on in the area, but it depends on the dates. I have attached a poll for those that are thinking of attending. If those dates don't work, offer up some that do :) My month of Nov is open. :cool:

So who is interested?

hhuber 07-23-2004 04:15 PM

Interested. Dont know if I can come but I'd like to. Things are usually too far for me too. :(

Heidi

sd90mac 07-23-2004 04:31 PM

Pick Me!!!!!!
Blue Springs is very nice, and I wouldn't mind going.
Marie

Edie 07-23-2004 09:00 PM

The dates of 11/26 - 11/28 could even start the 24th or 25th since it's Thanksgiving weekend. Some people have big family shindigs on Thanksgiving, but a surprising number of people are free that weekend. It might be easier for people a little further away to come for the holiday weekend since they will have more time off.

The springs should have manatees by November. There are facilities for canoeing, swimming, picnicking and nature walks at the park. Nearby DeLeon State Park has a great spring set up for swimming with year-round water temps in the 70's. DeLeon Park also has a great restaurant where you grill your own pancakes right at your table - lots of fun!

Blue Springs State Park web site
DeLeon Springs State Park web site
The Old Spanish Sugar Mill Grill and Griddle House web site

rluhr 07-23-2004 09:40 PM

I'll be there, if my "new" refurbished Argosy 24 is ready by then!

I love Blue Springs! The water is clear and the manatees are friendly. Bring your snorkel gear!

Sneakinup 07-23-2004 09:56 PM

Count me in this time. I'm getting pretty close! I should be ready by then! :eek:

Thanksgiving weekend is fine with me. Makes it more festive.

summerkid 07-23-2004 10:53 PM

i think i'd like to come ...

thenewkid64 07-23-2004 11:10 PM

I added an additional option to the poll. That way if either weekend works for some of us we can schedule it for the weekend that works for the greatest numbers of members.

thenewkid64 07-24-2004 05:04 PM

That would be great if both Sneakinup and Summerkid could come!

There is another State Park nearby called Delon Springs that has a cool restaurant. You make your own pancakes at the table from raw materials that the restaurant provides. It is a fun way to make breakfast. Once you are done cooking, there is a spring fed pool for swimming just 20 yards away.

Sneakinup 07-24-2004 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenewkid64
That would be great if both Sneakinup and Summerkid could come!

There is another State Park nearby called Delon Springs that has a cool restaurant. You make your own pancakes at the table from raw materials that the restaurant provides. It is a fun way to make breakfast. Once you are done cooking, there is a spring fed pool for swimming just 20 yards away.

Brett,

I know you are quite knowledgeable about Airstreams, but going swimming after a pancake breakfast? I would sink like a 34 footer filled with concrete! :D

Kidding. Sounds like fun!

Tarheel 07-24-2004 09:15 PM

We will still be doing our local rallys during that time frame. Hopefully we will be heading south around the 1st of Feb. Want to go to the Madri Gras rally in New Orleans. Not sure if we will go thru Florida or not this year.

thenewkid64 07-25-2004 09:24 AM

Rick,

A bit off topic, but you might want to look into attending the Florida State Rally if you are going to be in Florida in Feb.

It starts the week of Feb 21st.

thenewkid64 07-26-2004 09:46 AM

Here is some more info:

Blue Spring is the winter home (November-March) for an ever-increasing population of the endangered Florida manatee, as well as being a favorite recreation area. Popular activities include swimming, fishing, canoing, and camping. Visitors may hike the 4-mile trail through pine flatwoods and cypress swamp, or marvel at the 1872 Thursby House that sits atop an ancient Timucuan shell midden.

So later in the month means a better opportunity for Manatee spotting!

Sneakinup 09-30-2004 07:45 PM

Is this idea....

still alive?

Just curious. After 6 weeks of being battered by hurricanes, I think some of us Floridians would welcome something to look forward to. :cool:

Pick 09-30-2004 09:09 PM

Sounds like a winner to me, I am in. Not sure what weekend yet though, I guess either one would work for me.

thenewkid64 10-02-2004 07:19 PM

Based on the replies I would say we go for the weekend of the 12th to the 14th.

I will start the reservation process and see how many sites we can get in one area.

I will be doing a rivet shaving seminar, I will gladly do an Awning class for anyone that wants it.

Do me a favor and chime in if you are going to be able to attend. I need to get a count to try to convince the park to keep us together. :cool:

TomW 10-03-2004 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneakinup
..After 6 weeks of being battered by hurricanes, I think some of us Floridians would welcome something to look forward to. :cool:

My wife has been trying to get us to Disneyworld since the first hurricane blew through :(

Unless yet another one blows through, we plan to be at the Florida Forum Rally at Blue Springs for at least the 12th & 13th. Disneyworld on the 14th :)

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Tom

thenewkid64 10-03-2004 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcwilliams
Unless yet another one blows through, we plan to be at the Florida Forum Rally at Blue Springs for at least the 12th & 13th. Disneyworld on the 14th :)

Glad to have another member!

Here are some links:

The Park site

The reserve america site for this park

I am going to contact the park to find out where we can congregate. I will post an update so we can begin the reservation process. I would like to park together as much as possible.

Now all we need to do is figure out what we want to do about food!

Pick 10-03-2004 02:38 PM

Looks good for us, too Brett.

Sneakinup 10-03-2004 03:41 PM

I'm already there... mentally. :D

Looking forward to it.