Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   2009-2015 Flying Cloud (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f516/)
-   -   2015 Flying Cloud 25FB (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f516/2015-flying-cloud-25fb-125637.html)

cegardner 09-30-2014 04:07 PM

we are going to pick up our 25 FR 2015 twin in one week. We upgraded from a 22' sport 2013. It was a a dream to tow and very reliable. We needed a better bed configuration and just more wide body room for longer stays and hauls. Very excited and we will be asking service all about the inverter and capabilities. We have an inverter in our Tow Vehicle but it does not power much. Forget a hair dryer on these inverters.

Photobum 09-30-2014 04:49 PM

I bought a 2015 FC FB in August. Aside from replacing the water pump the first week I am very pleased with it, and have towed 4,000 miles since I got it.

The antennae is so-so and I have installed satellite. (I have an addiction to baseball and college football, mea culpa....)

I will be having a solar install by Lew Farber in November, and then I foresee a lot of boon docking in the southwest.

moosetags 10-01-2014 08:15 PM

Tomorrow is the day. We get the 2015 25FB tomorrow in Defuniak Springs. Our neighbors are referring to the new Lucy as Lucy 3.0. Little Lucy is all cleaned up and ready to go. We will give a full report tomorrow with lots of pictures.

Brian

moosetags 10-02-2014 09:12 PM

8 Attachment(s)
We went up to DeFuniak Springs and took delivery of Lucy today at Dixie RV. Things went without a hitch, and our New Lucy is perfect. It took us about three hours to change out the Hensley, but We can do it better than most technicians. We got our new girl home at about 6 PM and got her settled in.

We took a few pictures when we picked her up.

Brian

Airtandem 10-02-2014 09:29 PM

Looks great, have fun and enjoy the ride.
mike

RVDreamer 10-02-2014 09:46 PM

Great looking unit. Hope you have fun with her.:D

Shastalorie 10-02-2014 10:40 PM

Congratulations!
 
Hope you love it!

moosetags 10-03-2014 07:37 AM

Ducted Air Conditioner Filters
 
New Lucy has the ducted air conditioning. I am trying to find the air conditioner filters. I am assuming that they are somewhere behind the air return grates in the ceiling. Where are the filters, and how are they accessed?

Also. it seem like a couple of the air conditioner registers are not blowing any air. Are these adjustable, and how is it done?

Neither the dealer nor the Airstream manuals could help.

Brian

Wayne&Sam 10-03-2014 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 1519441)
Things went without a hitch, .....

I hope they gave you a good discount because you're going to need a hitch.......

moosetags 10-03-2014 08:16 AM

We removed and reinstalled our old Hensley ourselves in the dealer's parking lot.

Brian

KJRitchie 10-03-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 1519562)

Also. it seem like a couple of the air conditioner registers are not blowing any air. Are these adjustable, and how is it done?

Neither the dealer nor the Airstream manuals could help.

Brian

Call Airstream and let us know what they say. Tell them also your dealer hasn't a clue and should get some training. Mention the manual deficiency.

Goal15 10-03-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 1519562)
New Lucy has the ducted air conditioning. I am trying to find the air conditioner filters. I am assuming that they are somewhere behind the air return grates in the ceiling. Where are the filters, and how are they accessed?

Also. it seem like a couple of the air conditioner registers are not blowing any air. Are these adjustable, and how is it done?

Neither the dealer nor the Airstream manuals could help.

Brian


Oh, you wanted filters with that? :rolleyes:

Wayne&Sam 10-03-2014 09:08 AM

Bad pun on my part.


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

mefly2 10-03-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosetags (Post 1519562)
New Lucy has the ducted air conditioning. I am trying to find the air conditioner filters. I am assuming that they are somewhere behind the air return grates in the ceiling. Where are the filters, and how are they accessed?

Also. it seem like a couple of the air conditioner registers are not blowing any air. Are these adjustable, and how is it done?

Neither the dealer nor the Airstream manuals could help.

Brian

We just vacuum the intake grills - which seem to do a fair job of filtering the air.

Lance M 10-03-2014 11:16 AM

Congrats on the new trailer, Brian!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne&Sam (Post 1519626)
Bad pun on my part.


Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

I thought it was very funny.:wally:

moosetags 10-03-2014 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made some progress on the intake filters. I was able to remove the grate and clean the filter. The grate has a spring clip on each end.

Brian

Photobum 10-04-2014 06:36 AM

Moosetags,

Noticed that you shot that on the kitchen sink. A suggestion is to cut that thing in half, allowing you a cutting board and access to the sink at the same time.

knunut 10-04-2014 07:17 AM

Congrats on Lucy 3 .Have many more nights on the road.

moosetags 10-04-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photobum (Post 1520073)
Moosetags,

Noticed that you shot that on the kitchen sink. A suggestion is to cut that thing in half, allowing you a cutting board and access to the sink at the same time.

Thanks for that tip as we have never used the sink covers and usually just store them away.

Brian

Antique Pedaler 10-04-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Photobum (Post 1520073)
Moosetags,

Noticed that you shot that on the kitchen sink. A suggestion is to cut that thing in half, allowing you a cutting board and access to the sink at the same time.

I ran that by my wife who says that's a great idea😉. She's kept our lid under the mattress unused for 5 years.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.