Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   General Repair Forum (
-   -   What is this? (

RichardT 07-28-2014 03:40 PM

What is this?
1 Attachment(s)
This is under the bathroom sink in my 95 360

If I am right water from the hose inlet goes into it and then exits into a holding tank. (I assume gray water?)

Currently when I turn on the hose water is coming out the line that should be connected to the holding tank as that connection has failed.

It is a difficult connection to get to.

What is this valve, what does it do, what is the function of the water the should be going into the tank, what tank should it go into.


dznf0g 07-28-2014 03:42 PM

It is a vacuum break. Do you have a black tank flushing system?

RichardT 07-28-2014 03:54 PM

I don't know.

How does that work?
What to look for?

Need more info.

dznf0g 07-28-2014 04:06 PM

Show us a pic of the water hook up compartment area. I'd guess you have a white fresh water hookup and a black hose connector, which is a black tank flusher. The piping configuration under the sink looks like the setup for one. When you sprayed water all over, was your hose connected to a black fitting on the AS?

RichardT 07-29-2014 03:47 PM

Thank you, I get it now. This is the first time I tried to hook the water up and I hooked the hose to the water inlet in the compartment on the far left below the hose bib.
I needed to hook the water up to the hose on the hose reel in the same compartment.
I will mark the black water flush connection to avoid this in the future.

Now that I understand what it is and how it works I will repair the connection to the tank and use it.

Thanks again.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.