Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Sprinter and B-van Forum (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Recommendations for San Diego area Service place? (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/recommendations-for-san-diego-area-service-place-116558.html)

weirdstuff 02-23-2014 06:34 PM

Recommendations for San Diego area Service place?

Anyone have recommendations for Airstream service in the San Diego area?

So far, we've been dealing with RV Solutions. They're very nice, but the process for getting anything done is painfully slow.

Each time we've been in for something, they look at it, then they say they have to submit the repair to airstream for approval (warranty work), then we wait a couple weeks, then we have to drive back to RV Solutions and leave Fiona there.

It's taking 3-4 weeks to accomplish anything! Is this the way it's supposed to work? Do we have any other choice of repair places? They are the only dealer down here.

73shark 02-23-2014 08:33 PM

According to Bing, they're the only ones in San Diego.

Inland RV Center, In 02-23-2014 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weirdstuff (Post 1419332)
Anyone have recommendations for Airstream service in the San Diego area?

So far, we've been dealing with RV Solutions. They're very nice, but the process for getting anything done is painfully slow.

Each time we've been in for something, they look at it, then they say they have to submit the repair to airstream for approval (warranty work), then we wait a couple weeks, then we have to drive back to RV Solutions and leave Fiona there.

It's taking 3-4 weeks to accomplish anything! Is this the way it's supposed to work? Do we have any other choice of repair places? They are the only dealer down here.

A warranty dealer has a basic "blank" authority to take care of minor things.

Major things can usually be authorized by a simple phone call to the factory.

Call the factory and ask for Dave Schumann.

Andy

weirdstuff 02-23-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 1419401)
According to Bing, they're the only ones in San Diego.

Correct. The only other one is in Orange County, 2 hours away, where we bought her. Do not recommend them, at least as far as sales goes.

I guess I was wondering if using a dealer is the only option.

RUMSHIP 02-23-2014 10:28 PM

For warranty work, dealer is the only option. C&G in bellflower would be the only other place I would recommend but again it's up north. Ever thought of joining the local airstream club in San Diego?

rent 02-24-2014 12:00 AM

Weirdstuff: Since you mentioned Airstream OC, might I ask what you not like about them - technical expertise, courtesy, dealing tactics, etc? Since I'm in OC, they are the closest dealer to me.

Currently AI is at the top of my list, but I'm still finding out more about them everyday. Thanks to this great forum, I've been taking copious notes though I'm only on page 3 of older posts.

-alex

Quote:

Originally Posted by weirdstuff (Post 1419417)
Correct. The only other one is in Orange County, 2 hours away, where we bought her. Do not recommend them, at least as far as sales goes.

I guess I was wondering if using a dealer is the only option.

joemikeb 02-24-2014 09:03 AM

For what it is worth, that is exactly the experience I have with my dealer. When I call for a service appointment, the first available is four to six weeks out, Airstream approval for warranty repair five to ten working days, receipt of parts from Airstream or Fiama runs another five to ten working days or longer. So from the time I call for a service appointment until I get my AI back repaired and ready to roll a couple of months or longer. The quality of the work is excellent and their prices reasonable but the delay turns my AI into a "shop queen".

weirdstuff 02-24-2014 10:02 AM

Everyone, thanks for your input and feedback. Much appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rent (Post 1419468)
Weirdstuff: Since you mentioned Airstream OC, might I ask what you not like about them - technical expertise, courtesy, dealing tactics, etc? Since I'm in OC, they are the closest dealer to me.

Currently AI is at the top of my list, but I'm still finding out more about them everyday. Thanks to this great forum, I've been taking copious notes though I'm only on page 3 of older posts.

-alex

Alex, I will send you a private message re: AS OC.

We love our AI! No regrets spending the extra money on it, compared to other brand options!