Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (https://www.airforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Rallies & Meet Ups (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/)
-   -   Airstream Nudist Rally (https://www.airforums.com/forums/f288/airstream-nudist-rally-106202.html)

mstephens 12-30-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene (Post 1397221)

There are threads for LGBT Airstreamers and vegetarian Airstreamers. But I haven't seen one for admitted nudists or atheists. Some things are just too controversial as yet.

(sound of screaching brakes!) What? Atheism is controversial?

streaminwild 12-30-2013 11:10 AM

A weather report will be nessary for the correct sock. A large cotton for warm weather, or small wool for cool weather.:flowers:

TinCrumpet 12-30-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melody Ranch (Post 1397400)
ere ya go Lili….- The Shrinkage -

Ha ! watched that whilst polishing off my Apple Pud

Cap-N-Red 12-30-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwoodtx (Post 1397408)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

x 2

rosewoodtx 12-30-2013 01:05 PM

Melody Ranch - you are just the wealth of information!!!

robwok 12-30-2013 01:09 PM

But what would Wally think? All dressed up his beret and jacket.

My wife and I keep trying to figure out what to do with all the full length closets in our trailer. I'm probably putting in shelves, and only keeping 1 full length, just in case we travel to a wedding in the trailer. It seemed everyone was originally so formal. I can't imagine camping and wearing a tie, but I see the old time pictures of laborers wearing ties. The safety concerns alone, it just seemed odd.

Fast forward to a time when you folks are considering a cavorting around in your birthday suits, next to polished trailers. I say you folks, cause there's no way I'm showing up. Not that I look bad sans clothes, but it's like my bee meetings - most of my hobbies include people where the average age is about 65.

I guess it's not a bad thing if sight is the first to go...

John&Vicki 12-30-2013 01:15 PM

How about a rally where only one person is allowed to be naked each hour? Seems kind of boring to have everyone naked at once. Heck, there was a lot of that in the 60's, when we actually looked good.

Poppy

m.hony 12-30-2013 04:21 PM

I really don't think anyone wants to see my white flubber flapping or my hairy back- I make myself sick talking about it- eeewww!

Lumatic 12-30-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m.hony (Post 1397550)
I really don't think anyone wants to see my white flubber flapping or my hairy back- I make myself sick talking about it- eeewww!

Well, might be worth a looksee if there was nothing else to do, like polishing aluminum. Is this what's called sophomoric?

robert claus 12-30-2013 06:03 PM

Hey, I'll be there as long as I don't have to drive all the way to Florida! That's too long to have my butt sticking to the seat. Oh, wait a second - you undress AFTER you get there.

SteveSueMac 12-30-2013 06:23 PM

So all kidding aside (I myself included the Duluth Trading cartoon as a pretty good replica of me...) I imagine the thing about nudists is literally comfort in one's own skin. I get "sophomoric" at the thought because frankly, I don't have that level of comfort and if I'm being really honest, I'm envious of those who can live their life without worrying about what commercial advertisers say is an acceptable body. Maybe 0.000000001% of people look like Tom Brady or Halle Berry - why should 99.99999999% of the population be ashamed of that?

I dunno - just thinking out loud.

overlander63 12-30-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birdmaestro (Post 1397481)
Heck, there was a lot of that in the 60's, when we actually looked good.

Poppy

I really don't remember much about the 60's...

Lumatic 12-30-2013 07:08 PM

I remember in 1966 I was a sophomore.

SteveSueMac 12-30-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1397612)
I remember in 1966 I was a sophomore.

That's just plain funny! :-D

Ridgerunner3 12-30-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1397612)
I remember in 1966 I was a sophomore.

Me too!

tony6373 12-30-2013 08:30 PM

The Escapees RV club has intra-clubs (they call them "Birds of a feather"). And one of there Birds of a Feather is a social nudity group. Never hung out with them (oops is that a pun?) but I did have a talk with there president. Seemed to be a nice bunch.

wxbuoy 12-30-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSueMac (Post 1397598)
So all kidding aside (I myself included the Duluth Trading cartoon as a pretty good replica of me...) I imagine the thing about nudists is literally comfort in one's own skin. I get "sophomoric" at the thought because frankly, I don't have that level of comfort and if I'm being really honest, I'm envious of those who can live their life without worrying about what commercial advertisers say is an acceptable body. Maybe 0.000000001% of people look like Tom Brady or Halle Berry - why should 99.99999999% of the population be ashamed of that?

I dunno - just thinking out loud.

Now that is insightful.

whitsend 12-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1397612)
I remember in 1966 I was a sophomore.

I remember bits of 1966, my much loved 3rd year sophomore year.
Sex, drugs & rock 'n roll. No belly. No wrinkles. Worry free, except for that pesky Minor in Possession :blink: (a whole 6 pack of cold long necks as I was driving to the lake).

John&Vicki 12-30-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitsend (Post 1397654)
I remember bits of 1966, my much loved 3rd year sophomore year.
Sex, drugs & rock 'n roll. No belly. No wrinkles. Worry free, except for that pesky Minor in Possession :blink: (a whole 6 pack of cold long necks as I was driving to the lake).

'66 was most definitely some kind of peak for me - I got married in '67. I was in Newport Beach, CA and there was a lot going on. One particularly fond memory is Spring Break week on Balboa. Days at the beach, body surfing at the Wedge, parties every night, no formal place to sleep but it always seemed to work out.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but there *was* a lot of nudity - nudity you could really appreciate.

Poppy

Hoonanea 12-31-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumatic (Post 1397612)
I remember in 1966 I was a sophomore.


I was 2 or 3, depending on which side of November you're on.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.