season over, park dead, snow, travel fever!!
So the ski season is now over, the park is dead, it's snowing like nuts, and we've got travel fever! Here's the plan for around the middle of the month:
1. From Angel Fire, NM (home) to Grants, NM. Plan to stay at one of the parks offering a WBCCI discount.
2. Travel through Petrified Forest/Painted Desert to Homolovi Ruins State Park, AZ
3. Look at the Homolovi ruins
4. Travel to Grand Canyon/Mather Campground
5.-7. Look at Grand Canyon
8. Travel in the direction of Zion National Park via Vermillion Cliffs, Lees Ferry and Jacob Lake. Spend the night where we can find space.
9. On to Zion National Park
10.-11. Look at Zion National Park
12. Travel through Page toward Kayenta, AZ to the Navajo National Monument/Betatakin Ruin
13. Look at Betatakin ruins
14.-15. Travel through Four Corners area toward Angel Fire. Haven't planned this part out in detail yet. Maybe turn south and drive up to Jemez Springs area and Santa Fe Nat'l Forest.
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.