Airstream Forums

Airstream Forums (
-   Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents (
-   -   Name this part.... (

Hillbilly75 02-27-2013 08:33 AM

Name this part....
Does anyone know if/where I can get some of the little black plastic "doohickeys" that are on doors, etc., used to either hold doors open or, in the case of the rear bumper storage, hold them closed? We are talking about a 1975 Sovereign. I realize I should include a picture, but I am at work. If I at least knew a name for this part, I could search for it online. There are several of these that are worn out, cracked, or just plainly broken.

murreywalker 02-27-2013 08:43 AM

If you've got a phone with a camera capability, the picture you take of that "doohickey", could solve your problem pretty quick.

Just send the pic to someone like Out-of-Doors-Mart.

azflycaster 02-27-2013 08:47 AM

The door open latch can be found here:
Inland RV Center Inc.
Outside Main Door Hold back 380291 [380291] - $5.95 : Out-of-Doors Mart!, More Airstream Parts on-line than anyone!

Jim in Pima 07-28-2013 05:59 PM

I found a similar unit at ACE Hardware, its not as pretty as all metal, but tougher

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.