Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Murphys , California
Where to go for new counter tops & curtains?

Does anyone know where to go to have counter tops installed in Northern, Ca?
Also want to get new curtains for 1972 Safari. Thanks
Mikeryan510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Truckee , California
We purchased from Home Depot in Reno. They were installed by a company from Fairfield, so your location should be OK too. HD would not warranty due to movement/vibration, but installer said we shouldn't have any problems. After over 10k in travel, no problems. We used a product similar to Corian made by Samsung, called Starion. Very happy with results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0462.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	459.1 KB
ID:	185408  
bganso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
In addition to the counter tops you will need the cabinet base strengthened or replaced and modifications to your cabinet doors, drawers, sink and plumbing. So be prepared when to talk with someone about doing the work, there is more to than just putting on a new counter top. I completed a similar project on my 1976 31' Sovereign a couple of years ago using a Corian type solid surface product that I bought form SolidSurface.com. They sells remnants and smaller sections which is good since you don't need a large piece. I installed an under mount sink, new faucet, butcher block range cover, tile back splash as well new drawers and filter system. Here are some pictures of the project. I have put a lot of miles on since then and nothing has moved or shifted.

Airstream counter top.pdf
Old 05-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Where to go for new counter tops & curtains?

Greetings Noodles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
I can't help with countertops, but I can provide the following regarding sources for replacement drapes:
  • Airstream -- With your Airstream's VIN in hand, Airstream dealers can order new drapes for your coach. While I haven't talked to anyone who has pursued this avenue, I suspect that the fabric choices will be limited to those currently being utilized in Airstream products.
  • JPA Drapes -- One of the oldest vendors for Airstream product draperies, JPA Draperies, Inc., has a reputation for providing high quality and customer satisfaction.
  • P and S Trailer Service -- Located in Helena, OH, P and S Trailer Service became known for their refinishing of Airstreams including the applications of Plasticoat. With several decades refinishing Airstreams, they have recently expanded their offerings to include refurbishment/restoration of interiors as well as exteriors. P and S Trailer Service was my choice for the exterior restoration on my Overlander and I am a satisfied customer.
  • Fowler RV Interiors -- Located in Symsonia, KY, Arlene and Henry Fowler provide high quality interior restoration work at reasonable cost. Fowler RV Interiors was my choice for the interior restoration work on both of my trailers and I am a satisfied customer.
  • Silver Threads RV Interiors -- Owned by a fellow Forums Member, Silver Threads RV Interiors has gained the reputation for high quality and reasonable prices.
Good luck with your project!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
Milton , Ontario
Inspiring...

Don,

Great work and several good ideas along with all those pictures.

Thanks,
Chris
newsgauger is offline   Reply With Quote