Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Kill Devil Hills , North Carolina
Urgently searching for the creator of this floor plan.

I downloaded this floor plan http://www.airforums.com/forum...tachmentid=688 on 12/23/04 and had a question about the bathroom. I have been trying to do something similar and cannot think of a good way. I wanted to know how the person who created the design intended to make the bathroom.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
That is gerbermania's diagram for 1969 Tradewind 25 foot submitted to photos 9/023/2004. (I searched photos using "before after" in the search engine). Hope this helps.

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

WOW thank you!, i searched "before and after" and came up with nothing. along with about two hours of variations. I sent gerbermania an email. THANKS again
Old 02-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Hello Deb,

That "is" my plan.

You asked specifically, in a private email, for more information on the bathroom. For more views of how the bathroom works, see my gallery at the forum photos: http://www.airforums.com/photo...00&ppuser=1032

It is still in process, but the idea for the wet bath is the toilet stayed right where it was, it simply rotated. I added a grey tank and all new plumbing, not to mention all new electrical. I also replaced the rear-most 4' of the subfloor, since I was tearing out the original bathroom anyway. The shower enclosure is fiberglass over shaped foam, like boats are constructed. The curved wall of the bathroom is metal channels with corrugated translucent sheeting on both sides.

I can try to answer any specific questions here on this forum, so others can benefit.

Thanks. Christopher
gerbermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Great! We are contemplating moving the kitchen from the rs to the cs as the refridgerator is already there. so the bathroom may work on the rs rear. But the real interest is the pan. Did you hav it made or are you ordering it somewhere? I haven't seen a "freeform" pan like that. Is there a place that will do custom pans?

I'm hoping you may know if the interior aluminum is structural? We want to remove interior skins foam insulate and replace with 3003 at about1/3 the cost of the alcad. But I hear there is less copper in it and about 1/3 the strenth as the alclad. If the structure in reinforced with the foam is the 2404?alclad necessary. we are betting "no". I was thinking the alclad would be good in the places of heaviest wear (ie: our 9 and 4 year old.) and we could get a cheaper solution behind the cabinetry, cieling and end caps. Any thoughts? as long as the structural intgrety is not at a loss. Thanks Deb
Old 03-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
preaty nice , those pv cells look like a great idea for power have you calculated how many watts they might produce? would you need to make your own panels how about posting some photo's of your progress ..
Old 03-14-2005, 11:37 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
out side the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerbanksdeb
I downloaded this floor plan http://www.airforums.com/forum...tachmentid=688 on 12/23/04 and had a question about the bathroom. I have been trying to do something similar and cannot think of a good way. I wanted to know how the person who created the design intended to make the bathroom.
Deb, sorry to interrupt, I know that looks very sleek and free-form; however if you are going to take your trailer down to the bare studs you might be able to use a showerpan from another trailer manuf. If you could find the right size for your needs ... just take some ruff measurments and go to a dealership and do some lookinng around they may have something in a trailer that could work, of course it would't be curved like that ... but ... it may be easier than having a fiberglass man make one to your specs.. sorry , Dan
Old 03-14-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Hello Dan and Deb,

I've done a lot of fiberglass work as a surfer, so I'm not intimidated by the custom shower and pan. If you can find a shower pan that works, though, go for it. It may work in a side shower, but probably not a rear-corner. You'll probably want to use Fiberglass-Reinforced-Plastic (FRP) panels for the walls, but you'll have to ensure a good seal at the seams. Mine is seamed, but only in the horizontal direction, where I can overlap the panels by an inch or so.

The solar cells are Unisolar PV Laminates (http://www.kyocerasolar.com/pdf/spec...s_laminate.pdf), designed for standing seam metal roofs. They simply adhere directly onto the metal, they're flexible, and they come in different lengths to suit your roof. My plans indicate 12'-6" long modules, which are 87 watts each.

Airstream shells are "monocoque", which means the frame relies on the sandwiching of the two aluminum skins. The skins are diaphrams. My endcaps are fiberglass, not aluminum. As far as the option of using different types of aluminum, and their characteristics, I have no knowledge to pass on, sorry. You may try a "general exterior" forum on this site.

Thanks,
Christopher
gerbermania is offline   Reply With Quote