After 60+ nights in our 2015 23FB, Lynn and I decided the standard convertible dinette was never going to used as a bed (by us) and it was horribly uncomfortable for sitting and watching TV.
So we made a few tweaks to the arrangement provided by Airstream. Photo attached.
1. The seats / console are from a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado ...modified a bit and the same as in our TV. These are very comfortable.
2. The platform and wheel-well cover is my design.
3. There is a custom wiring harness and fuse sub-panel designed by me after consultation with noted wiring wizard J.R. Luksik of CBX-tras. This powers the electric seats and center console.
4. The tray tables are modified units by PHC Healthcare (originally intended for use in hospitals with reclining chairs.)
5. Net weight change is about 75+ pounds or so. If you opted for manual seats, you would probably find the weight change to be 'nil.
If you go this route be aware that many automotive seats like this have side airbags. These must be removed or de-activated by experts. Under no circumstances should you attach 12V
to any yellow wires or yellow connectors under such seats. Otherwise, your risk the chance of a nasty airbag deployment.
We've been on 2 trips with the new config and really love it. In addition to more comfortable seating, we have much more usable storage space and the trailer lives much bigger now.