Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2014, 12:02 PM   #1

1979 31' Sovereign
Glenpool , Oklahoma
Painting Wallpaper in Shower

Has anyone tried it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS15.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	208582  
takintheleap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1987 25' Sovereign
Oregon , Ohio
The wallpaper in our 87 was peeling off the shower walls. In 2011 I peeled off the paper from the wall with the control is and painted over the old glue and wood with Krylon brush able Fusion for plastic. After two years of use The paint has not peeled at all. I have used it on the black ABS lid for the propane tank cover. Some guy at an Airstream service center that no paint would stick to that. That was three years ago and it is still holding on. You will have to look for Krylon Fusion brush able on E-bay and amazon because Sherwin Williams is no longer making the Fusion in the brush able.
msmcv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1980 24' Caravelle
corpus christi , Texas
I recognize that wallpaper have the same in our trailer. Been thinking about spraying krylon fusion since none of it is peeling off.
The fake walnut paper was peeling off also on the inside walls so I removed the rest. A heat gun on low will help and keep from damaging the wood. Wipe down with mineral spirits to help remove contact cement. No need to try and remove all of it just to smooth out the rough spots.Then primed with kilz interior oil base primer Light sanding then three coats of a high quality acrylic latex paint. Looks great and lightens up the inside.
thehandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #4

1979 31' Sovereign
Glenpool , Oklahoma
Thanks for the info, guys! The wallpaper is in good condition, but I just can't bring myself to take a shower in that thing. Might get dizzy and pass out! Still trying to decide between RFP or painting. Painting sounds a lot easier!!! Have y'all painted your shower pans/sinks?

Thanks,
Alison
takintheleap is offline   Reply With Quote