Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2004, 10:57 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
This weekend

Well, thanks for all the interest in the 68 Overlander. Going to go to the International over Memorial day weekend. On Saturday, I got alot of window hardware, univolt and glass from the trailer. For those of you that contacted me, I'm going in the order of messages received. I got the curved glass from the trailer and the front straight window. Also all the window knobs, screens, and opening/closing mechanisms. How do you get out the window frames, by removing all the rivets? Also, the AC is still in it, looks like a big job to get out. I have all the doors for the twin beds that go under it (in dark walnet color), the toilet, and other misc stuff. There are still all the cupboard doors, closet doors, etc. No dinette in it. Kitchen sink is there, the three burner dometic and furnace are in it. The oven is there too, as well as the systems monitor. PM me if interested in any of it. Right now, the windows are all spoken for. The door and screen door are in good shape too. Let me know. All in all, I had a blast this past saturday getting the things. I have the trays / shelves that are under the sink. I even have the "AIRSTREAM" front letters too.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:28 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
A true champion indeed.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Rob ,did you notice if it had any of the stabilizer jacks ? As I mentioned I only need 1 Thanks! Tom
71tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 06:56 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Getting there

Hello, well it's been alot of fun hunting on the 1968 Overlander. Got all the glass and screens, and it's all accounted for - Rich and Becky - Enjoy! The window hardware is going as is one front window track. I have the front A I R S T R E A M letters, curtain tracks, toilet (sealand porcelain), gas lamp (green), burner tops (three dometic long type top), door with screen and hinge, rear bumper cover, and a fresh water tank filler cap. Does anyone need these? Here to help. I did not make it to the other junk yard for the '76 International, as it is about 3.5 hours away. Is anyone near Florence, SC?

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 05-30-2004, 07:54 PM   #25
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe
I did not make it to the other junk yard for the '76 International, as it is about 3.5 hours away. Is anyone near Florence, SC?

Rob
Rob,
I am about 2 hours from Florence, in fact drove thru there Thursday...twice . PM me the details! I could use some parts for my 75.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:15 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

San Antonio, TX
Overlander Junk Yard find!

Hi Rob. I'm still "bumperless" in San Antonio! If you are willing to ship it to me I would greatly appreciate it. PM me with details and I will be happy to cover all your costs, etc. Have a great Memorial Day.

John Lawrence
San Antonio, TX

Does it look like this? ..see attachment. I think this is the right bumper for my '59 Flying Cloud....
Attached Images

jlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:06 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Rob - I know this is kind late...... My husband is working on the windows of our 1968 Overlander. He needs the crank out window "grabbers" that fit in the frame (does that make sense?). Also, if the Airstream letters are still available, I would like, them.
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:14 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Carbondale , Colorado
Thumbs up What A Great Guy!!!

Rob,

I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH, for helping me and so many others out with our "Goodies"! I truly appreciate your time and effort involved! Please post a list of the parts you need here for your '65 Caravel, and I will do my utmost to help find them for you! (I'm sure others on this wonderful forum, would be willing to do the same). You truly are a GREAT guy!
]
This is my first Airstream, and I'm so glad you all are such a top notch group of people! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you in person at the rallies.
THANKS, again! Without you...my new "Roadrunner" wouldn't be stylin'! We're both so happy!

Becky
(Proud owner of her first Airstream!)
Old 02-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #29

1967 26' Overlander
port hueneme , California
I would be interested in the light fixtures for the bed and the dining area if they are in servicable condition. I would also be interested in the gas lamp if you have any pictures that would be great. Does it have an antena?
eric davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:36 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Afraid it's now coke cans!

Everything is gone from that trailer now, and it's now up in Airstream heaven! The next time you drink a Coke, think of it! Sorry.
Courtesy parking

Old 02-12-2006, 09:51 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Found a 60's AS sitting in a field by our lake property yesterday. Windows in tact. They are the frameless windows. Round tail lights are good too. No one around, no houses, no people, trailer sitting in 4 foot weeds and grass. Old stone building close but boarded up. If anyone's interested, may try to find someone at the city hall to tell me who owns this. No businesses in this town either. There is a metal building that says "City Hall".
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:05 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
Found a 60's AS sitting in a field by our lake property yesterday. Windows in tact. They are the frameless windows. Round tail lights are good too. No one around, no houses, no people, trailer sitting in 4 foot weeds and grass. Old stone building close but boarded up. If anyone's interested, may try to find someone at the city hall to tell me who owns this. No businesses in this town either. There is a metal building that says "City Hall".

Juel - you should go into business for yourself like "Rich" does. Finds em' hauls em out for dirt cheap - does a bit of cleaning - detailing and checks the systems and sells them for well many here on the forums can tell you what they pay. No disputes - takes time to go find them haul them out and get titles for them.

No warrantees or nothing fancy - just finds them and sells them. I think he is doing well on the exporting side now too - lots of people in Europe looking for the Airstream - why do you think Airstream Inc is looking into that market now and coming up with a Europe specific.

Just have to have the space to keep them - sometimes the market is busting for the good old oldies then next it can sit for months on end.

Happy A/S hunting
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:44 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Derelict Trailer

Judy, Let me know what you find out on this trailer. I may need a few parts if it is a 66,67,68, like the cone light fixtures in silver...I need two as mine are falling apart. I also need the small (17"x 20.5") screen for the window next to the door as mine is broken. I Also I need the exact width and depth of your stove top to make sure this cover is right since it is off a 68' Airstream and yours is a 1978 Argosy. Ed
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Bob is going down to the lake property tomorrow to arrange for a perk test so we can get a septic tank. The thrills never stop. He's going to try to find someone who knows someone who may know who owns the trailer. If he's successful and there are parts to be had, I will post the information here. Judy
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
Oh, boy! Round tail lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I could use some better lenses for mine - a bunch of other stuff too! Keep us posted!!!! Diane
moogie32 is offline   Reply With Quote