Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1995 30' Limited
Warsaw , Missouri
Question No Rest For The Wicked

We love our 95-31' Limited..but we have begun to have some issues.
The toliet seems to be leaking when the water supply is on...wet carpet.When we turn the supply valve off..no wet carpet.
Frig doesn't want to stay on the AC supply when plugged into power.Keeps wanting to go back to the propane.Check light keeps coming on. Now the clear coat is beginning to show signs of pealing in a couple places. And last..the hubby cant figure how to get the atena back together??The mounting fits loose.
The first 2 big problems.. I asked our AS Dealer to check and repair while the Rv was in for winterizing and still under x-warnty awhile back .They didnt do anything and we didnt use the Rv for a year when we realized nothing was repaired. Now the x-warnty has expired so all of what those Bozos should have taken care of will be out of pocket.We can do the work as long as we know what we need to do. Anyone offer some help? Other than that everything else is great.
Rubyslipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:28 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Check the fittings around the back of the toilet.Mabe the hand sprayer. I once had this problem with our toilet. I got a mirror, a flashlight and some towels to dry everything off beforehand. I just felt around behind the toilet while my wife turned the water on and off. I found the water line to the toilet had a small leak and the hand sprayer would drip everytime the toilet was flushed.
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:56 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1995 30' Limited
Warsaw , Missouri
Not the hand sprayer.Carpet is dry behind the toliet.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
How about the drain plug near the bottom of the toilet below where the water supply comes into the toilet Check fir a cracked fitting or worse a crack in the toilet. If you don't want to get things all wet. Get a small air compressor like what is used to air your car tires. adapt it to your water supply inlet. put constant low pressure air on system like you were winterwizeing No more than 10 to 15 psi. Fill a squirt bottle with soapy water and spray it all down . Fix werever it bubbles
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:29 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1995 30' Limited
Warsaw , Missouri
I dont know..when the water supply is shut off there doesnt seem to be a problem. We have used the toliet by using the sink faucet to fill the bowl and detect no leaking.I know I will be pulling the blasted thing sooner or later.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
listen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyslipper
I dont know..when the water supply is shut off there doesnt seem to be a problem. We have used the toliet by using the sink faucet to fill the bowl and detect no leaking.I know I will be pulling the blasted thing sooner or later.
Ruby,
I had this same problem with mine getting wet and, it turns out to be the valve underneath the set..(it's located inside of the very back of the toilet) At first, I thought we'd have to get a new one but, the tech said he could put a coupler on it to take care of it .... Seems he called it a check valve ..That was over three yrs ago and, I've not had a problem since..
It means you have to take the whole thing out in order to work on it..Sorry abt that but, at the same time, you get to clean it all up and, also don't forget a new donut collar as well..Once you have it back in..You'll be very happy to know that its fixed.
total cost was much less than a new one...
WOW..I just figured this out..I had it fixed at the same location where you took your except it was the RVTECH repair shop behind the A/S dealership..(at their old location??)
This problem showed up while we were traveling on vacation and, it was the closest place at the time of our travel...Interesting...
good luck~
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1995 30' Limited
Warsaw , Missouri
Any chance you were in the state of Missouri? on I-70?
Old 01-23-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Yep..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubyslipper
Any chance you were in the state of Missouri? on I-70?
I use Interstate 70, almost to the point of exclusivity, when traveling in MO.
My in-laws, before they passed away, were from Union Star, MO.
I've been all over the state, top half as well as the bottom section..
My favorite town is Hermann, MO. Spend the summer of 68 there in an old Civil War barrack which was converted to a motel.
Go there every chance I get..Lov the winery~!!
Enjoy St Louis, KC and St Joseph, Mo, as well as Branson.
Youngest son attended the University of MO.
The list goes on and on...lol
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1995 30' Limited
Warsaw , Missouri
We are about 30 miles from Hermann.Have our A/S parked in Warsaw at Turman Lake.The A/S Mechanic was the one on I-70.Never dealing with them again....!Thanks for your input on the toliet.We figure it to be the least of our worries..the frig and pealing clear coat are the biggies.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:57 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
It's nice to see a "sister" Airstream that is near-neighbors to us! I remember your posts about winter survival so well~glad to hear from you on the forum again. We too have the clear coat disappearing, worsened because we haven't been able to get ours under cover yet. It's ugly where it's happening, but at least that doesn't threaten wet floors like the toilet leak-yikes! I'd like to think we'll get the clear coat issue solved, but I'm afraid it's a summertime, labor intensive job, not something to tackle in the winter. Do you have the droopy ceiling that ours has? We too had the toilet problem that 53FC described, solved the same way, at a lot less cost than replacing the loo! Best wishes~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote