Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
gtr
1 Rivet Member

Cool Need Entry pull out foot-step

Does anyone know where to purchase the entry pull-out foot step that might work on a 59 Tradewind . I have a welder and could install it myself. I am in Fort Worth Texas--Mine is trashed--Thanks, Mark C.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I rebuilt mine with heavier side plates. The slots tend to break at the rear. If you want to try it, I can post some pictures.
I had mounting plates welded to the outriggers, and the step bolts to the brackets. I want to be able to unbolt it if i need to fix it again.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #3
gtr
1 Rivet Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
I rebuilt mine with heavier side plates. The slots tend to break at the rear. If you want to try it, I can post some pictures.
I had mounting plates welded to the outriggers, and the step bolts to the brackets. I want to be able to unbolt it if i need to fix it again.
Thanks for the Information. Mine broke at the rear and front. I have a good Mig welder so I guess it would be best to do as you say and re-enforce mine like you did. Pretty cheasy original metal on the sides where the slots are cut too. My entire floor is out down to the frame so I guess I will mount it like I mean it to the main main frame so it does not happen again on my watch. Again--Thanks---Mark C inFort Worth Texas
Old 09-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr
Mine broke at the rear and front. <snip> My entire floor is out down to the frame so I guess I will mount it like I mean it to the main main frame so it does not happen again on my watch.
We got the floor out of our '56 Safari and have had a chance to look at our step. Just as with yours, the slot tore at the rear, then it got a bit distorted due to the break and continued use. We would like to repair/replace ~ any suggestions?

I would love to see your pictures on how you fixed yours...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:08 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning... New outriggers designed to hold the steps can be bought. Did that with our Argosy.. Reasonably priced.. got them thru Airstream dealer...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:26 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Good morning... New outriggers designed to hold the steps can be bought. Did that with our Argosy.. Reasonably priced.. got them thru Airstream dealer...
Thanks, I'll definately look into that...but I'd be really surprised if they have them for a '56 ~ I'm know ours are way different than the current ones.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
markdoane and InsideOut - There's some great synergy here since markdoane was one of the people who hit the photo-in-threads max before it was doubled last month. Have at it guys!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote