Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
San Francisco , California
Light & Light Bulb Replacements

Good Day,

I'm on the task to switch out my harsh cool white recessed lights and other light bulbs that can be replaced. The recessed light fixtures have to be switched out. My dealer is quoting $300/light. I found them here for $48/light and will do myself:

https://highskyrvparts.com/new-airst...ght-led-512463

What I can't find is the replacement bulb for the square undercabinet lights. I have a 2016 19' CB Flying Cloud. Any assistance is appreciated.

If you have not heard of this site. I just stumbled on it while doing a light search. How I missed it, don't know, but lots of Airstream OEM parts, including the 550 page parts manual for my year. I ordered the spot bulbs in warm white. My dealer said the entire spot had to be replaced. These guys said no, but did agree I'd have to switch out the recessed.

https://highskyrvparts.com/new-airstream-parts
Posse96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
San Francisco , California
Good Day,

Have an update to this adventure. Using the Parts Catalogue I found the part # for the current lights is 513936. I ran that number on Google and found Out of Doors Mart or www.odmrv.com

They have my cool white light and interestingly, they note my light/part # replaces the 512718 part (warm LED) on High Sky RV Parts; in short, a match of two lights, both cool and warm.

After all that, and with some digging, leave it to the Airstream Forum to provide more info as found those who used lighting gel to change from cool to warm by simply cutting a disc-shaped piece of gel and insert inside the lens cover. I'll post the link to that thread when I find it again.
Posse96 is offline   Reply With Quote