Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Mo Hill , California
I give up... Can you help me find these parts?

I am doing a big renovation, and have cut out the vista view window shades, and the skin covering the window. In doind so I want to use a Stack window closeout in place of the old shade. I can't seem to find them though. Even the old trailers that are being parted out in my area, have different sized winodws... Andy has not gotten back to me about the close outs, my local dealer says that the factory might look into making them but, I haven't heard back... I have the new skin, and need to get things back together soon. Anyone out there know where I can find these close outs? I would really appreciate the help. I have two windows, and the inside measurement of each window is, 41" and 19". Here is a pic of what I am looking for.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
I think that I read that you may be looking for new parts, but if you want used, have you tried Colaw RV Salvage in Carthage, MO. They have may Airstreams in a lot for parts and were very helpful when I called for something.
starflyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Mo Hill , California
thanks, I'll try them. You don't have a contact number for them do you?
Old 02-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
So not long ago you had advised that you were going to do some of the closeouts out of wood. What happened to that method?

If I recall correctly those closouts came in 3 sizes.
Not sure if the largest fixed lower window was same size as one of the vista view sizes.
Yep the fixed windows came in 18", 30" and 40".
/and the vista-views came in 20", 30" and 40"

This was in 1974 manual and the 40" "fixed assembly" is #20095

There is no mention of whether the closeout (might be called a "jamb assembly" on a fixed window) is included in the "assembly". The term "jamb assembly is not mentioned either.
Call Andy, it is not like him to not respond. Maybe he missed the post or feels he has already answered elsewhere. I know he hates redundancy.

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Mo Hill , California
I do plan on doing the wing windo closeouts from wood. But. the stack and vista view windows I want to do from raw aluminum. I have spoken to the local Airstream dealer and they say that they aren't made any longer. So they may be able to make a few more for me, but that doesn't sound very affordable... I'll try Andy again. It seems like it would be easier to find a few that are used from a trailer that is being parted out.