Old 04-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #1

2013 Avenue Coach
Meridian , Idaho
Avenue Class B Wardrobe Shelf

We just purchased a 2013 Avenue. Trying to figure out what is the purpose of the bottom shelf in the wardrobe closet. It is hinged and folds down.

I canít find any info!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Akchefe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akchefe1 View Post
We just purchased a 2013 Avenue. Trying to figure out what is the purpose of the bottom shelf in the wardrobe closet. It is hinged and folds down.

I can’t find any info!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey Akchefe1, welcome to the forum from another Avenue Suite owner!

I think if you count me and you, that makes two active owners here. Although, there are a couple of owners of the Lounge versions of the Avenue that post here occassionally. They are Trailrunner1 and Kathy Asch. The other owners are no longer active. You'll find some of our previous posts here
https://www.airforums.com/forums/sea...rchid=13366277

About the drop-down, my wife's guess is the drop-down under the wardrobe is probably for transporting long dresses so they can hang down without wrinkles. Hey, it's a good a guess as any, but really, that feature just seems silly.

Congrats on your Avenue Suite. We like our '2012 and have had it for 2-1/2 years now and nearly 20,000 miles so far. Mechanically, the Chevy Express chassis has been very reliable. Just a MAF sensor, tires, and shocks are all I've done to it.

That being said, the coach has not been without problems and I've gotten pretty good at doing my all my own repairs (and there's been a lot). My current unresolved problems include:

- The fresh water tank will not draw down past about 2/3rds full yet the water pump is working fine (even replaced it, but problem remains). So for now, we keep it topped up and live on the top third of capacity. Another Suite owner on a different forum experiences the same problem.

- The water cold flow to the macerator toilet fill and bath faucet gradually declined to trickle during the time we've owned it. Haven't figured out yet how the two are related. Cold and hot wate pressure everywhere else is fine.

- Continue to have problems lighting the Suburban water heater on propane (electric works fine). Once it does start, it will continue, but with a very orange flame instead of blue. I've changed all swithes, resets, etc. but problem persists.

Again, welcome to the forum and hope to share information since we have the same model.

rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #3

2013 Avenue Coach
Meridian , Idaho
Water

Thanks for the reply.

My wife agrees that it is probably for a longer dress / coat. Seems a bit ridiculous!

In regards to the water not pulling past 2/3. It is weird. Is it possible that the tank is somehow getting a vacuum lock?

On your heater there should be a way to adjust the fuel/air mixture. Sounds like it is getting too much air. Just a guess.

Stay in touch. Always good to have a connection
Akchefe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
My wife agrees that it is probably for a longer dress / coat. Seems a bit ridiculous!
A closet doesn't have to be used just for clothes. My Interstate has a full-height closet (without a fold-down shelf) that has seen use to hold tall/thin items that wouldn't fit in any other cabinet, as well as holding clothes.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the water not pulling past 2/3. It is weird. Is it possible that the tank is somehow getting a vacuum lock?

On your heater there should be a way to adjust the fuel/air mixture. Sounds like it is getting too much air. Just a guess.

Stay in touch. Always good to have a connection

The screen near the gravity fill covers a small overflow tube that should vent the tank. Have you had a chance to test your's yet to determine that you do not have the problem?

As for the water heater, the Suburban models do not come with a "collar" to adjust the air mix into the burner tube like the Atwood units. The Suburban Operations Manual says not to run it with an orange or "erratic pattern" flame to prevent sooting, but it doesn't say how to correct it other than to consult a qualified technician. Of course it also says to make sure it is clear of obstructions, which I've made sure mine it. I may just have to order a new orifice and burner tube in case there's something I'm not seeing.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
A closet doesn't have to be used just for clothes. My Interstate has a full-height closet (without a fold-down shelf) that has seen use to hold tall/thin items that wouldn't fit in any other cabinet, as well as holding clothes.

It's always good to have different sized storage options. A full height closet might be available in the "Lounge" floorplans of the Avenues. My and the OP's "Suite" models trade off that space and another seat or two, for an enclosed wet bath, larger 69"w X 76"l bed and extra storage beneath it.

More proof that everything is a class b is a compromise.