Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2022, 11:28 AM   #1

Currently Looking...
Birmingham , Michigan
Pottery Barn Orders

I placed my order and non-refundable deposit for a Pottery Barn unit in December of 2021. I was told delivery would be early fall in 2022 which has passed. Now I'm told delivery will be sometime after March of 2023. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm just trying to find out if the dealer is playing games with me.
Aquabud1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Flagstaff , Arizona
Sounds about right. I ordered mine in August 2021; the week they went on sale. I was told it would be ready by February 2022 but that was a pipe dream. Had I not found the one I have now (by pure luck I was able to snag a floor model in another state in January of 2022)- I’m positive I’d still be waiting for mine too.
I think 18 months is about the norm right now.
StreaminNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 07:57 PM   #3
Lobber of midgets

2021 25' Globetrotter
2022 28' Pottery Barn
Springfield , Missouri
I ordered mine the week they opened order banks and it took 7 months. 18 months seems a little long..
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 08:27 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2022 28' Pottery Barn
Flagstaff , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
I ordered mine the week they opened order banks and it took 7 months. 18 months seems a little long..

Not necessarily. It largely depends on where you buy. Size of dealership matters for sure.
I learned from my regional sales manager that Airstream dealers have different size (in numbers) of applicable production slots that are periodically allocated to them from JC. When the customer buys a trailer, it is initially considered “unscheduled” for production.
Once your dealer receives a production allocation from JC, the dealer then generally assigns trailers for “production” in the order in which they were received.
So basically, it depends on the size of applicable production slots allocated to the dealer and the number of orders that were placed at the dealer for your specific trailer.
As I mentioned above, I put my deposit down for the PB the week it came out. I, too, was told that I should receive my PB in 6-7 months. After months passed of patiently waiting to hear about any sort of accurate timeframe for production or when to expect to take possession, I inquired and was referred to my regional sales manager. I was told that my dealership had two scheduled sold orders and six unscheduled sold orders placed prior to my order for the PB. That meant only two people had VIN numbers. The six ahead of me, allllll the orders after me, we all had no idea when our orders would be fulfilled.
StreaminNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 07:40 AM   #5
Lobber of midgets

2021 25' Globetrotter
2022 28' Pottery Barn
Springfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreaminNP View Post
Not necessarily. It largely depends on where you buy. Size of dealership matters for sure.
I learned from my regional sales manager that Airstream dealers have different size (in numbers) of applicable production slots that are periodically allocated to them from JC. When the customer buys a trailer, it is initially considered “unscheduled” for production.
Once your dealer receives a production allocation from JC, the dealer then generally assigns trailers for “production” in the order in which they were received.
So basically, it depends on the size of applicable production slots allocated to the dealer and the number of orders that were placed at the dealer for your specific trailer.
As I mentioned above, I put my deposit down for the PB the week it came out. I, too, was told that I should receive my PB in 6-7 months. After months passed of patiently waiting to hear about any sort of accurate timeframe for production or when to expect to take possession, I inquired and was referred to my regional sales manager. I was told that my dealership had two scheduled sold orders and six unscheduled sold orders placed prior to my order for the PB. That meant only two people had VIN numbers. The six ahead of me, allllll the orders after me, we all had no idea when our orders would be fulfilled.
I believe too that the PB's run down the same line as the Classics, which are also 12-18 months out.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2023 28' Pottery Barn
2019 23' International
Tomball , Texas
Ordered mine October of 21. Went offline last week.
B17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:41 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
2023 28' Pottery Barn
Delta , BC
Placed my order in Sept of 2021 and it arrived this week, salesman originally told me Apr 2022 but not even close. Only sad part was i traded in my old trailer so I had nothing for the last year and a half.
bugman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:43 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' Safari FB SE
2023 28' Pottery Barn
Delta , BC
I suspect in Canada we get very little allotment, judging by the number of Airstreams I see up here.
bugman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:11 PM   #9

Currently Looking...
Birmingham , Michigan
My 2023 Pottery Barn finally arrived...16 months after order. ProPride hitch installed, trailer loaded and rare'n to go!
Aquabud1972 is offline   Reply With Quote