RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-11-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Terraport open after factory reopen since Covid closure?

Has anyone been to JC after they've restarted after covid? We are scheduled for July and looking to see if anyone's been to the terraport since May 4th.

Thanks,
Chris
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:10 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
I called service at JC.

The terraport is still closed, not exactly sure why???

They have 5 remote parking spots for those that are there for more than a day.

The dump station is open.

I asked about how do we add water, they mentioned they can fill your fresh water while in the bay.

They have power cords out in the 5 spots, but I didn't get clarification of what type of power, i.e. 15A, 30A, 50A, so that will need to be asked unless someone visits.

But service and production sounded like they are open.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #3

2017 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Yes, last week. Teraport was still closed. They parked us out back and ran a 50 watt electric cord to us. Gov Devine life’s rv park restrictions as of this coming Friday 5/22 so I’d expect Terraport to open then.
No factory tours though.
BJ7458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ7458 View Post
Yes, last week. Teraport was still closed. They parked us out back and ran a 50 watt electric cord to us. Gov Devine lifeís rv park restrictions as of this coming Friday 5/22 so Iíd expect Terraport to open then.
No factory tours though.
Was the gift store in the service area open? Or still in the same spot i.e. the service area?

50 watts?? That can't be right....even a normal extension cord is 15A which is over 1800 watts......???
Old 05-19-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2019 28' Flying Cloud
Waitsfield , VT
latest at Jackson Center

I've been at the JC service center for the past two days, still here finishing up warranty work on my AS. The terraport is closed and no tentative date has been mentioned for possible opening. They are having us camp / park right at the service bays. A power cord is run out for each camper. Luck of the draw. Could be a 30 or 50 amp. I've had both. You can have your water tank filled when they are in the service bays. They'll do that for you. and the dump station is available. Everything is open but you need to wear a facemask to enter the service center. The lounge and store are open. No factory tours or mention of when they will start up. hope that helps.
dicktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicktracy View Post
I've been at the JC service center for the past two days, still here finishing up warranty work on my AS. The terraport is closed and no tentative date has been mentioned for possible opening. They are having us camp / park right at the service bays. A power cord is run out for each camper. Luck of the draw. Could be a 30 or 50 amp. I've had both. You can have your water tank filled when they are in the service bays. They'll do that for you. and the dump station is available. Everything is open but you need to wear a facemask to enter the service center. The lounge and store are open. No factory tours or mention of when they will start up. hope that helps.
Great 1st post, TY for the update.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Chris