Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2020, 07:36 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
London , Ontario
Seeking Input of Ontario Canada Airstreamers

We're giving serious consideration to buying our first Airstream (23 footer), but have concerns about how much use we'd get out of it this summer...for obvious pandemic reasons.

My question to those familiar with RVing in Ontario (and Quebec) is what are the traditional options that you think will be available? Also, what alternative options would you recommend (renting some vacant land with a view, etc)?

Looking forward to your thoughts and ideas!
CanukAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
go visit canam RV as you are in london

talk to andy

he can help you
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:49 PM   #3
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Provincial Parks are scheduled for opening June 1.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
It depends a lot on what you normally do during an RV trip.

We have small kids so most of our trips include a trip to a zoo, aquarium or amusement park and a lot of playground time.
It looks like a lot of these activities will be unavailable so we’ve mothballed the trailer for now. We’re hopeful we will get out this summer but we’re willing to accept that this may be a no streaming summer.

My parents however would Park their RV and sit inside most of the weekend, maybe for for a walk or two, so they would excel at social distance RV’ing.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:32 PM   #5

2017 30' International
Smithvlle , Ontario
I just bought one from CanAm and am looking forward to getting out there this summer.

Anymore Ontario insights? Must dos, etc.

Cellular receiver and antenna?
spacejamjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1984 34' Excella
Strathroy , Ontario
You can fit in many prov. Parks with that size unit. We have a 34 footer so have fewer options until the private campgrounds open up. The trailer is still winterized and normally gets 4+ weeks of use at well appointed rv parks. There are many in On and PQ. I prefer koa but they can be pricy especially in Niagara. We usually travel with 2 or more kids but when other family joins us we sometimes rent a cabin too. Sauble Beach, Carson's Camp, is one of our favorites. You can also take day trips to conservation areas that don't have overnight camping or bathroom access right now. Our trailer is in our driveway now and offers some quiet space to work or imagine next trip. We've owned it 25 years and none of my kids who have their own kids want me to sell it. Oh yes, it had some dimples too but still tows easily. CanAm knows their stuff.
Henry T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:03 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2022 25' Flying Cloud
NCR , Ontario
we will stay in ON parks in JULY and AUG, maybe Sept -> will get better to cross inter-provincial borders

NO USA travel for at-least a year
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:23 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2020 30’ Globetrotter
Ramara , Ontario
Had my June 19 booking to Grundy Lake cancelled but In the cancellation notice was a hint that the Parks will be opening the following week. Fingers crossed.

“In line with the province’s stage 2 efforts to reopen the economy, the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks is getting ready to open for more camping opportunities in Ontario Parks.

We will gradually begin opening our car campgrounds starting the week of June 22 to June 26. However, that means that we will be extending the closure of camping at the park from June 14, 2020 to June 21, 2020.”

The parks are really getting booked quickly so it seems best to get on the reservation site and book your site soon.
KSA63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:22 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
KW , Ontario
We camped at our family farm. We will try to get the trailer there again and leave it for most of the summer. Most farmers would probably say it is ok to camp if you asked as long as you don't interfere with their operation. I inquired about dumping the tanks and found this site https://www.sanidumps.com/ Found a place close to me that we can take the trailer to and dump for free (run by the city). I have solar on the roof so I can camp indefinitely. It is water and the tanks that are an issue. So I take the trailer back home and fill it up with water. A bit of a hassle but it works. We have a site booked in Algonquin for a week and then are planning to take it further north to friends property on a lake for a visit. I normally book more camping but I had a European trip planned that got cancelled so I didn't book anything else.
gator.bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote