Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-10-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
New Mexico Recently?

I have a trip planned to Colorado next month and with the mandatory 14 day quarantine, anybody have issues stopping for a single night on your way through the state?

-Wayne
wbrisett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 01:21 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Sumterville , Florida
My son tried to book a campsite in Taos and was told no out of state reservations were being allowed. He has since booked a campsite in Colorado with no issue.

I would suggest calling ahead in the area of most likely stop and see what a campground tells you.
SVTOTEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:02 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Thanks... I've booked the one night at one site and talked to the other on the way back. Both seemed to indicate it wouldn't be an issue and we basically had to be self-contained. No issues there, but wanted to see if anybody had any current experience when traveling through New Mexico, or for that matter any state that is making quarantine mandatory for out-of-state visitors.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
New Mexico Recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrisett View Post
I have a trip planned to Colorado next month and with the mandatory 14 day quarantine, anybody have issues stopping for a single night on your way through the state?

-Wayne

We came to Colorado back in Mid June from AZ and we are yet here. But we were not informed that we had to self quarantine. We have been in this RV park since July 6th and have seen many many RV’er come and go but no one is talking about self quarantine.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:13 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
We arrived in Santa Fe on Sunday August 2. We stayed at Santa Fe Skies RV Park for 2 nights. We then went up past Taos and stayed at Angel Fire RV Resort for 3 nights before heading up to Colorado.

While I am aware there is a 14-day quarantine in NM, I never saw a single sign to that effect. Tourism is definitely down (especially in Santa Fe), but we wore masks everywhere. Nobody said anything to us. I was able to get the oil changed in my truck and we ate out one evening. Up in Angel Fire, we took the chair lift to the top and the family played 18 holes of Disc Golf at 10,500 feet. We didn't see another person until we got to the 15th tee. There were tons of folks taking the lift to the top and riding mountain bikes down. It looked like a normal summer day.

New Mexico has mandated max 50% occupancy at RV parks, with many classes of RVers excluded from that statistic (e.g. health care providers, full-timers, etc.). At both places we stayed, the parks were nearly 100% full. My wife is a nurse, so we checked the "health care provider" box which opened up a spot for someone else.

As long as you can get a confirmed reservation, you should be good.

Good luck!

P.S. Angel Fire RV Resort is the best RV park we have ever found. I can't recommend it high enough!

P.P.S. How is that invisible camera working out for you?
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Last month I drove through (didn't stop overnight) and saw electronic board informing everyone to self quarantine for 14 days if coming in from other state. I drove on to AZ and no strict quarantine rules. (slept one night at Flagstaff).

I arrive in Californa, yes, its so strict, i had to do self quarantine at home.

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 02:53 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybauman View Post
P.P.S. How is that invisible camera working out for you?
Thanks for the update on NM! I kind of assumed that as long as businesses would take our reservation, I was OK, but you never know.

I love the camera, but there's still some flakiness with the software. Went out last weekend for a 3 day weekend, and when I hooked it up, it remembered the calibration, but when it was time to head home, it didn't and wanted to recalibrate itself. I wasn't able to get it to recalibrate in time, so I didn't use that mode and instead just used the full screen view. Headed out this weekend for another 3 day weekend, I'll see how it goes this weekend.
Old 08-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
State parks are still closed to camping, but privates are open. You're supposed to be quarantining, but enforcement is lax. Restaurants are still closed to indoor dining. Just be sure to wear your mask EVERYWHERE. Doing without can get you some serious grief.

Lynn
Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Fair Oaks Ranch , Texas
We just returned from Colorado yesterday. We had reservations at a NM State Park but they were cancelled just before we left Texas. We ended up staying in a very small commercial RV park in Roswell both on our way to Colorado and on our return (next to a nice new Airstream from TX). Public campgrounds all seem to be closed.
2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II #135
2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7
MikeandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
State of New Mexico campgrounds are closed, but federal is different. I'm heading up into the national forest to do some fishing next week and staying at a US forest service campground.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandCarol View Post
We just returned from Colorado yesterday. We had reservations at a NM State Park but they were cancelled just before we left Texas. We ended up staying in a very small commercial RV park in Roswell both on our way to Colorado and on our return (next to a nice new Airstream from TX). Public campgrounds all seem to be closed.