Old 04-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
KOA supports RVers who must travel during C19

The KOAs are doing a great service for RVers. While State parks are Dow and private parks are limiting their occupancy, KOAs are open by setting up no contact registration. Helping a lot of folks.

So, I will never have a bad word for KOA again. They deserve a pass and great kudos going forward.

Thank you KOA. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKI View Post
The KOAs are doing a great service for RVers. While State parks are Dow and private parks are limiting their occupancy, KOAs are open by setting up no contact registration. Helping a lot of folks.

So, I will never have a bad word for KOA again. They deserve a pass and great kudos going forward.

Thank you KOA. Pat
I am not a huge fan of KOA campgrounds, but we still use them a lot. You get a consistent brand with them and sometimes that is worth the price of admission. I commend them and will use them more often from now on. They do really seem to care and after this, I have a new appreciation of them.
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good for KOA!

Find a need, and fill it.

It’s what we should all be doing.

Since first beginning RV’ing in 2002, when we/I need and want a place with full amenities for a few days, KOA’s are a predictable and consistently good choice.

More expensive than many, but almost without exception clean, tidy and with everything in good repair.

When this is over, people will remember how others acted and handled it.

KOA will be one of the entities on the right side of history, one of those who stepped up and did their part.

Maggie
Old 04-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
Good for KOA!

More expensive than many, but almost without exception clean, tidy and with everything in good repair.

Maggie
When you become a member (free I think) we were pleasantly surprised that we earned a free night now and then. That certainly brings their overall price down.
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Use them a lot. I like the predictability.
jnm30327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
KOA is supportive, and they have done a great job (or their franchisees have) in getting the word out that they are open, maybe with some restrictions. In all fairness to other private parks, where we had to cancel because of the virus, we’ve received full refunds even though they had clearly stated cancellation fees. And those are parks we will still support when those trips are rescheduled.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:29 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
New River , Arizona
I agree with above comments re KOA and thank them, as well. Another note about them. I often travel alone, nearly always in my '62 GT. But, a few times, I had to get from point A to Point B fast & no time to lollygag with my camper. The KOA Kamping Kabins are a great alternative to inexpensive motels. It always felt safer and cleaner. -Judy
Old 04-25-2020, 11:00 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I am a big supporter of KOA because the facilities are always in good order and the staff cares. Obviously some are better than others and our local KOA is superlative. Yeah they cost more, but most of the time they are worth it.
However, with all of the cancellations I had to do this year, only my KOA reservations kept cancellation deposits. All of the other campgrounds, private and government, fully refunded my paid fees. Small change in the scheme of things but they do not score a 5.0 with me.
Larry
lsbrodsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 04:03 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2015 25' Flying Cloud
Safety Harbor , Florida
open

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbrodsky View Post
I am a big supporter of KOA because the facilities are always in good order and the staff cares. Obviously some are better than others and our local KOA is superlative. Yeah they cost more, but most of the time they are worth it.
However, with all of the cancellations I had to do this year, only my KOA reservations kept cancellation deposits. All of the other campgrounds, private and government, fully refunded my paid fees. Small change in the scheme of things but they do not score a 5.0 with me.
Larry
maybe they didnt refund because they stayed open when others didnt. i, like many others, will remember them for it.
Safetyfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
We use KOA often. I like knowing what to expect and I can say we have never had a major disappointment with KOA.

And I'm glad they are staying open for travelers during the current pandemic. We are planning to use them when we travel home to PA.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 12:30 PM   #11
Site Team

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
There have been a few individual KOA locations that were disappointing, though each disappointment was most often a "Journey" class location. We won't visit those disappointing locations again, but overall their network of private campgrounds has been fine, and we've stayed at them fairly regularly.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 11:40 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Louisville , Alabama
KOA supports RVers who must travel during C19

I’ll never forget an exhausting drive I had from Western Colorado to Eastern Colorado, spending the day stuck in mountain traffic due to rock slides, finally getting east of Denver and being so tired I was making mental plans like “park at this random lot just to close my eyes a second” then seeing a KOA sign, easily checking in, watched some included cable tv, and slept for like 14 hours, ha ha, was wonderful. I see KOA as the Holiday Inn of the RV world. Still have my free plastic yellow KOA cup and they even provided me a coaxial cable because I didn’t have one at the time. Much kudos.
Spartanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #13
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
- snip - disappointment was most often a "Journey" class location. -- snip --
Rocinante - for what it's worth, most of the KOAs we used were Journey CGs.

With the C19 crisis, all we need is a full hook-up level campsite that we can safely access with minimal outside contact. The KOA Journeys provide that. This is a demonstration of the "different horses for different cources" concept. KOA is providing the needed solution for this time and place.

Everyone wear your mask and social distance. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote