Old 03-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #21
GbatPDX

2016 27' International
Clackamas , garyburke
Jackson Center Service Appt

I checked with Artie in Service two days ago, he said yes, they are shutting down for at least two weeks but said my appointment June 24th was still viable. Said he would let me know if anything changed. We’re continuing in that direction thru the south, in any case.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:11 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Some assembly-line operations have been asked to reconfigure for the manufacture of respirators.

Perhaps it is good JC is not one of them; their respirators might leak.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:03 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly at Night View Post
Some assembly-line operations have been asked to reconfigure for the manufacture of respirators.

Perhaps it is good JC is not one of them; their respirators might leak.
Truth right there.. and I did chuckle out loud...we have to go back in July to have our leak repaired.......again......for the second time......on a brand new trailer that leaked right off the line........yeah....AS......stay out of medical....you're not ready.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:34 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
My 2 yr warranty on my Globetrotter expires this April. I had an appt for 3/30 to take care of some final warranty items. My wife and I did not feel comfortable traveling in this environment so I called Kevin in the Service Dept on 3/23 to reschedule. This was ahead of the announcement by the state of Ohio.

Kevin was very professional in allowing me to reschedule for late July and still allow all my warranty items on my list to be addressed under warranty at that time. I appreciated Airstream working with me in regard to this. I hope all of their employees stay safe in dealing with this current situation.
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOUSC View Post
My 2 yr warranty on my Globetrotter expires this April. I had an appt for 3/30 to take care of some final warranty items. My wife and I did not feel comfortable traveling in this environment so I called Kevin in the Service Dept on 3/23 to reschedule. This was ahead of the announcement by the state of Ohio.

Kevin was very professional in allowing me to reschedule for late July and still allow all my warranty items on my list to be addressed under warranty at that time. I appreciated Airstream working with me in regard to this. I hope all of their employees stay safe in dealing with this current situation.
Sounds like they really are standing by their product and have a depth of understanding with adaptation.

I will add this though.....my previous post does sound a bit negative in retrospect, but I will say AS does seem to really take care of business even if it is business that should not been occurring at delivery.

My last trip out they were very kind and understanding and also did some great work...so it isn't all bad, I feel it's fair to give credit where credit is due.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Official AS response

Airstream is emailing a note from Airstream President and CEO, Bob Wheeler about what they're doing in response :
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #27
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
^
Thanks,
Glad to hear we still have an appointment...maybe. Will call.

Bob
🇺🇸

"Mary-Jane....'cuz 2020 sucks"

Tahawus
🌤
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #28
Site Team

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguyscott View Post
Airstream is emailing a note from Airstream President and CEO, Bob Wheeler about what they're doing in response
I've been reading a lot of these notes from vendors, businesses, and agencies I deal with. This is one of the best.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
In the note from Wheeler, this popped out at me:
To keep you safe, we have significantly increased our cleaning and disinfecting processes at Airstream’s factory to protect our employees and our future customers. Using the CDC’s guidelines, we’ve published a guide to help you clean and disinfect your Airstream should you have any lingering concerns.
So maybe the days of customers finding construction debris, lost tools, trash in their brand new trailer are over? We can only hope!
Old 04-25-2020, 03:11 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Has JC reopened?
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #31
Txwildcat

2020 33' Classic
San Antonio , TX
The last I heard was May 1st
Txwildcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
The governors office is supposed to be releasing a set of guidelines on Monday that will presumably outline the Necessary protocols in order for a business to re-open starting May 1. Ohio is going to be doing this in phases and if airstream can meet all of the protocols listed for phase 1, they may be able to reopen on that date.

Historically, it is interesting to note that in past pandemics, most notably the 1918 influenza, a number of cities bowed to political and economic pressure and reopened too soon, only to have to close again. A number of businesses are going to be monitoring the numbers and see what happens after the phase 1 opening. Since it takes about two weeks of incubation before COVID-19 symptoms start to manifest, we won’t really know the results of this until mid May at the earliest.