Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Cedar Rapids , Iowa
Camp Hosting

My BH and I are currently camp hosting in the Northwest. We are mandated to mask up when having conversations with campers, which is fine, however, many campers, young and old do not respect social Distancing,do not mask up and get pretty much in your face, at times forcing us to back peddle as we are trying to have a conversation. Just a note to respect the health of others in the campground
lkm4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 11:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 Avenue Coach
Corpus Christi , Texas
Not just campgrounds. See it here too. When we mask up and try to take the dog on a walk, we sometimes are steping up into yards or out into the street to maintain social distancing from others who aren't masked and who want to pass shoulder-to-shoulder on a 4 ft. wide sidewalk.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:30 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Crystal River , Florida
Give it time. That "herd" is in the process of self thinning.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #4

Anchorage , Alaska
Сamp Hosting

you are brave, really. I would like to go somewhere also, to live in such a camp, but I'm really afraid. I am afraid for myself and my loved ones. I'm used to controlling everything, and there I definitely will not succeed. Unfortunately, many people do not value social distance, do not wear masks and do not think about hygiene. it is very sad
SheriGoddart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:29 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I will tell you we have been camping three times since May and at no time have we had a problem with social distancing and yes we are seniors. Our sites were ample distance from the next site and when we walked we would say hi or if we stopped to talk we either put our mask on or stayed a good distance from the other campers. I guess what I am saying is this virus is not going away soon but IMO do not let it control your life. Be smart when away from home and remember life is to short not to have fun
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:47 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2019 20' Flying Cloud
somewhere , West Virginia
We camp hosted in Shenandoah National Park from their opening on June 11th to August 4th. We had no problem with people being respectful. Most of the time outside I do not wear a mask but if I need to get close to someone to explain a hike or something we would both wear masks. It was very easy to keep the social distance. Occasionally someone wasn't quite as aware but I would just back away.

I found that most people were so happy to be able to get outside and go camping. It was actually a lot of fun to see them finally getting out of lock downs and having a good time with family and friends.

We are currently on a 6200 mile road trip but after we get home we will be going back to camp host for another month.
Roundabouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:24 AM   #7
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We had planned to volunteer as interpretive hosts and visitor center support staff at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore on the north shore of Michigan's U.P., but the idea of meeting hundreds of new friends every day in the midst of a pandemic convinced us 2020 was not the right year for us to do that. We're hoping for next year.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote