Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 2020 And Newer Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-06-2021, 10:47 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2020 19' Caravel
SANTA MARIA , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatorob View Post
Nice picture! Hope you are liking it.

I have a 16RB on order, pretty much the same as yours. Airstream willing I should have it soon.

My question is what should we be looking for when it arrives at the dealer, did you have problems that needed fixed? Always easier to get these taken care of before paying.

Enjoy!
Yes, we had the following issues when we picked up our 16rb in 2018.
1. Leaking hose behind the Toilet
2. Closet door didn't latch correctly - was replaced, they seem to break easily.
3. Dining table support broke on our first outing - make sure it locks in place easily and folds up under the table without drama.
4. Battery was close to dead - check it if it is a lead/acid type. We bought the Solar package but they didn't swap out the Lead/Acid for the AGM that was supposed to come with the solar package. If you can afford the Lithium go that way - they are great and Solar panels keep them charged quite well.
5 Furnace seemed to only work when it wanted to, something internal that was not fixed before we sold the trailer and went with a Caravel 19cb. New owners got it fixed/replaced under warranty. AS furnaces are apparently an Achilles Heal.

Have fun and get out there!
Central Coast of California
Calvary Chapel of Santa Maria
pastorwug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:51 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2021 16' Caravel
Woodland Hills , California
I know exactly how you feel! That wait was agonizing but it gives you time to figure a lot out.

There were a number of things I found wrong with our unit. Some I fixed myself. Some I had to contact service for.

Ours came with the wrong decorative pillows. Several things were installed crooked. The table. The blinds. The solar interface thingy that’s in the galley. The trunk latches were assembled incorrectly. But I fixed them.

It drives me crazy seeing crooked sloppy work. So I fix what I can and if anything really bugs me I’ll ask the service department to fix it. They have been so helpful in getting the pillows replaced. They’re back ordered but on their way at no cost to me.

What I can’t fix are the gouges in the laminate that I noticed on both rounded corners. But not bad enough for me to complain about it.

Aside from these few things, the 16RB is awesome.
chamelisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel