Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2023, 09:04 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2020 16' Caravel
Garland , Texas
Thanks for the question, Dwain. Pulling a trailer is stressful, in certain situations. Stress=adrenaline=fight or flight=good thing. My neighbor (approaching 70) followed me a few years ago purchasing an 18ft trailer with a more than an adequate TV. He towed it twice, now it sits on his daughters land, turns out he prefers motels. Having little personal information about you it hard to say “go for it”? Just got home from Big Bend NP, Gilbert Ray County Park Tucson, Bisbee, Tombstone trip. Amazing, perfect! While spending the night at Monahans Sandhill State Park our neighbor, couple, had a brand new (all electric, induction stove, lol) Tiffins Class C motor home, (that could be a whole other thread, very ironic) our other single neighbor had a new tricked out van, I could do that. Just saying lots of options getting from point A-B. You’re already one-up on my neighbor, who’s only research he did was getting the best price he could for his new trailer, lost all his saving when he drove it off the lot + the upper vent on his 3way refer fridge was not cut out, the plastic vent attached on top of the particle board, almost killed him. Do your research, on this & possibly others forums, when you’re comfortable, pull the trigger.
Greenjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:50 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2023 19' Caravel
Boise , Idaho
Two years into retirement my wife of 40 years--marriage, that is-- and I bit the bullet and ordered a 19CB, our first trailer or towable unit of any kind. We picked it up in October last year and I won't deny, maneuvering it off the dealer's lot was indeed quite the cardiac moment! But we haven't looked back since. I wouldn't necessarily call towing a trailer continuously stressful, but you have to stay alert and anticipate more the movement of traffic around you and read the road ahead a great deal more--this can lead to strain much more quickly than if you were driving without an AS. So I generally don't turn up the volume on Led Zeppelin or hit the autopilot. My one golden rule that helps manage my cardiovascular status is drawn from the well-trodden rule of three: travel no more than 300 miles in a day, get to your next campsite by 3 pm, and try to stay at least three days--that last one's a bit hard if you are in transit to a particular destination, but it certainly applies once you reach it!

Congrats on your purchase!
Renault4 is offline   Reply With Quote