Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 2020 And Newer Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2023, 09:54 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2020 19' Caravel
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Storage Plan for 2020 Caravel 19CB

Hi Folks,

I have my first Airstream, and have bought all of the stuff and more from some of the helpful lists of necessities.

Now I have the stuff spread out all over my garage and I'm wondering if anyone has figured out a good "what goes where" for this model from their experience? I have plenty of storage space because its just me and I get the strategy of putting stuff in containers, baskets whatever so they don't ramble around while I go down the road.

But, example whats the handiest place to put pots and pans? What do you put in the overhead storage above the Dining Table? I'm playing a major game of Tetris here and think someone has to have figured this out after a lot of trial and adjustments?
Bix1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Caravel
Monterey , California
I have a 20, so no 19 experience. But- be aware of where you put heavy items. Someone posted their big cabinet at the foot of the bed fell off the wall. It’s a big cabinet and I can imagine if you overload it with heavy things you could experience the same.

As far as pots and pans- I bought the Stanley camping set and they nest together. It’s nice. I did have to buy an extra skillet that was a little larger, and I store them in a low cabinet.

I like your question though because we just came back from a trip yesterday (our 5th) and we still don’t have locations of items dialed in. I have no idea how I want to use the space under the bed. Who wants to go under the bed?

Good luck!
Lucky Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2024 30' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Skunk View Post
I have a 20, so no 19 experience. But- be aware of where you put heavy items. Someone posted their big cabinet at the foot of the bed fell off the wall. It’s a big cabinet and I can imagine if you overload it with heavy things you could experience the same.

As far as pots and pans- I bought the Stanley camping set and they nest together. It’s nice. I did have to buy an extra skillet that was a little larger, and I store them in a low cabinet.

I like your question though because we just came back from a trip yesterday (our 5th) and we still don’t have locations of items dialed in. I have no idea how I want to use the space under the bed. Who wants to go under the bed?

Good luck!

22’ Caravel

Overhead storage in galley: lightweight stuff: spices, salt and pepper, coffee beans, hand coffees grinder, coffee scales, coffee filters, olive oil, paper napkins, paper plates etc. all in storage containers.

Galley storage: nested set of pans, plates, silverware, drink ware.

Under dinette: Canned goods and dried goods, wine and gin!

Under bed: Extra supplies for long trips not needed often: additional towels, sheets and blankets, storage bins for laundry.

Over bed locker: Clothes in containers

Closet: rack it out with shelving from container store and use for clothing. Plus small vacuum cleaner

Bathroom: bathroom and cleaning supplies

Rear bumper: wheel chocks, leveling ramps

Outside storage locker: water filter, Walter softener, hoses, power cables, tools.

Enjoy!
FredWilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
Roo

2022 19' Caravel
Walkerton , Indiana
19' Caravel, solo traveler myself. Normally, I vacation for a week hitting state parks then back to the grind until next months vacation.

For me, anything I use outside to make Pegasus function goes into the outside storage bin. Water hose's, electric cables, chock's, leveling blocks, black tank hose support. I try and keep things somewhat organized so everything in here has a bag or small tote. Bumper storage is some extra wood blocks, awning pull rod, I have a Blue Ox hitch so the wrench and bars, stabilizer jack hand crank all live here.
Inside, over the dinette I keep the small forest of paperwork that Pegasus came with and I am trying to keep a travel/maintenance log. Those live up here as well. While traveling cigars, and maybe some movies incase the weather is meh. Also I have a Dewalt battery charger up here as there is an outlet in the overhead bin. Its out of the way but right there if needed.
The large drawer under the dinette I have some pie irons and grilling utensils, but have not found a better use for it yet. The bin under the seat cushions I use as tool storage. The Dewalt 20v air compressor JUST fits along with a bottle jack and other tools I hope I never need.
Over the kitchen is food. Under the sink is plates bowls and cups. Drawer under the microwave is eating and cooking utensils.
The cabinet by the door is a utility closet for me, a little bit of everything. Cleaning supplies, kitchen towels and hot pads, napkins, zip lock bags, trash bags, tinfoil, "OFF," fire starting things.
Under the fridge is pots and pans, coffee pot, cutting board, mixing bowls.
Over the fridge, all of these things live here when not in use. I need a fan on when sleeping, dehumidifier, some extra USB cables. I also keep things like my back-up camera monitor, tire minder sensors and monitor in this bin so I don't have to try and remember where they ended up from my last trip.
Under the bed I keep blankets and bathroom towels. The closet holds my camp chair and small camp table. A broom and dust pan stay in the garbage can while I'm traveling. A lot of my pants and shirts are on hangers and they help hold that folding chair in place as it likes to fall over while I am on the road. I usually pack most of my clothes in a large back pack and that just ends up on the floor in the corner of the fridge and bed. Then once I get to where I am going I will unpack that and things end up over the bed or the closet shelf. Backpack at this point in now a dirty clothes hamper.
Under the bathroom sink is holding tank chemicals, TP and bathroom cleaning stuff. I do keep this stuff separate from the rest of the cleaning supplies.

Cheers
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:20 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2022 20' Caravel
Southeastern , Pennsylvania
We switched almost completely to collapsible pots and pans. Easy to tuck away, don't rattle around or move in transit as much, work just as well. In fact, you'll likely find that you don't need nearly as much of the stuff that you probably have set out on your garage floor. We simplified things after a few trips learning what we would likely never use.

We like the Sea To Summit collapsible cookware.

https://seatosummit.com/collections/camping-cookware
RickBullotta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel