Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 2020 And Newer Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-22-2020, 01:07 PM   #1

2020 19' Caravel
Portland , Oregon
New Solar Panel for 2020 Caravel 19

Hi all,

Just read through the manual and noticed there is a 3 port plug for solar on the roof of our Caravel. Awesome! Now to install them!

2 questions

1) Say I go with Zamp. What will fit on the roof of a Caravel 19?
2) Where does the 3 port wiring go? I need to access the yellow 10Guage wire to install the controller but not sure where that is located.

Thanks
Tlabatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2020 19' Caravel
SANTA MARIA , California
I'm sure you've found an answer by now but I would not install a Solar system myself, that something that needs professional install IOM.
Blessings!
Central Coast of California
Calvary Chapel of Santa Maria
pastorwug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
As it has been said, you probably have your answer already but typically with Zamp panels, We use their 90 watt small panels, of which you can fit 3 or 4 on a 19' roof. Hopefully you have completed your solar project. If not and you want some help, we will be in Hood River in June.

Thanks!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel