Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 2020 And Newer Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
Bozeman , Montana
22' Caraval: Dimentions of exterior storage compartment?

We're taking delivery of a 2021 22' Caravel mid-April. Stoked!

I'm wondering if anybody who has the same unit is able to provide the interior and opening dimensions of the exterior storage compartment? Specifically, I'm wondering if I will be able store my Honda EU2200 generator in it. It's 20.0" x 11.4" x 16.7. While I could turn it sideways to get through the opening I wouldn't want to store it on its side due to gas leakage. The compartment would need to be at least 17 inches in height.

Thanks if you can help.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
You can lift the FB and remove the right side cover to access the space. It may be that you could put the Honda in from that location perhaps by adding a hinge to make the space more accessible. At least you would have to lay it on its side, assuming it fits standing up.

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:04 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
SEATTLE , WA
Are you talking about the storage compartment on the passenger side?

I recently measured it and it is approx. 12x18" - not big enough for a generator.

http://ibb.co/D9QJ0kx
bcheever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2021 22' Caravel
SEATTLE , WA
PS this trailer is truly a thing of beauty. You will love it!
bcheever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:42 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcheever View Post
Are you talking about the storage compartment on the passenger side?

I recently measured it and it is approx. 12x18" - not big enough for a generator.

http://ibb.co/D9QJ0kx
Yes, the space from the inside is taller than the access door. It sounds like you have measured it and discovered that it is too short for the generator.

There are a few spots inside the trailer that the little generator can be stowed. The closet or the floor of the bathroom would be my other considerations. I just cringe at the idea of having gasoline inside the trailer even inside a generator. This dislike comes from my days with my leaky gas tank from my Westfalia which ruined a few nights of sleep with the smell

There was a owner who made a lockable carrier that went on the front of the trailer behind the propane cover. He had 2 small generators on this add-on.

Try searching for this with the search tool.

I sounds like you are really enjoying the trailer!

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote