Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 2020 And Newer Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-01-2021, 07:23 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
20FB Windows on Driver/Road side

What is your experience with the two dinette windows looking out on the driver or road side of the trailer? I like the large windows, and there are two! But I'm sitting looking at my neighbor's patio?

Do you pick sites that take advantage of this? Don't go to parks as much as boon-dock? Or just deal with it?

Would love to see photos of what your views have been.

Thanks
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2022 20' Caravel
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy58 View Post
What is your experience with the two dinette windows looking out on the driver or road side of the trailer? I like the large windows, and there are two! But I'm sitting looking at my neighbor's patio?

Do you pick sites that take advantage of this? Don't go to parks as much as boon-dock? Or just deal with it?

Would love to see photos of what your views have been.

Thanks
My 20FB comes in a couple months and I've actually been wondering this myself. Also realized when I saw the pottery barn edition hanging bar, that it wouldn't work for the 20FB since the large windows are on the wrong side of the trailer, opposite of where the door is.
aarstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 22' Sport
Port Coquitlam , British Columbia
Before we got our 22FB we looked at a 20FB and thought that it was weird to be looking out the windows into the bushes surround the typical campsites.

There are many situations where this wouldn’t be an issue like boondocking, etc…

Most campsites that we visit predominately have curbside views. With the 20FB you can leave your entry door open and use that to catch the views.

Here is a shot of our go-to campground. The roadside view is the bushes and access road and our neighbour’s rig 10 feet away!

The 20FB does have a huge kitchen so if you are a foodie of sorts, that would make sense to get it. Our 22FB has a tiny kitchen area so we cook outside under the awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B21862F9-162E-4AAA-AB1D-23875AA6550B.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	400851  

"Live Long and Prosper \\//" - Spock
PB_NB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
View doesn't bother us at all, love the windows.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
I missed this, thought I answered it... (did you ask this over on FB too maybe?).

SO: we love our 20FC. With the door and dinette across from each other, it creates opportunity for a good crossbreeze. Most sites we've been in thus far, the campground didn't matter that it was on the other side, in a couple were against trees/foliage, wasn't a problem really.. maybe not a spectacular view, but it wasn't any different than out the other way. A couple of times, yeah, we've been amused by watching the folks in the site beside us, but, we try to keep the blinds down (at least at the halfway mark) if there are people there. Hasn't been an issue.

Sure, if you're boondocking, you might want to pick which way you face, but, I don't think it's much of a deal.... the floorplan for the 20 just works so well for us regardless...
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote