Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 12:20 AM   #41
1 Rivet Member

2022 16' Caravel
Eatontown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockie View Post
I had this done to my 16' Caravel .
We are purchasing a 16rb. I happen to see your sink installation. Very interesting. Was this a dealer option or did you have someone else do the installation?
JRDiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 09:21 PM   #42

Currently Looking...
Ocean Springs , Mississippi
sink for Caravel .

Any chance we could get some pics of the plumbing. The drain hose and supply lines??? My wife REALLY wants a sink in the bath. If we can't figure it out a 16' is not in the picture. She deemed this a show stopper.

Thanks look great!!!!

Dave
dtynd888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #43

2019 Nest
Tucson , Arizona
Bathroom Sink Prototype

Hello everyone.

I present my bathroom sink prototype. If it ends up working out on our next trip I plan on redesigning it using quality materials. Right now it's just some thin plywood and a piece of 2x4. What do you think? Any ideas for improvement?

I wanted something that didn't permanently alter the Nest. (I have the original cabinet and door saved) The top half of the "door" opens to reveal the "sink" which is just an aluminum loaf pan with a hole cut in the bottom for the drain. I use the shower head since it is already has a faucet and I clamp it in a small 3D printed vise. The sink connects to the drain that is coming from the kitchen sink using a PVC saddle.

It seems to work well enough for hand washing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nest sink 1.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	433104   Click image for larger version

Name:	nest sink 2.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	341.4 KB
ID:	433105  

Click image for larger version

Name:	nest sink 3.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	798.8 KB
ID:	433106  
RobDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:51 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
RobDub, that should work well. It takes a lot of time to build a mock-up. But time well spent to work the bugs out. We built a flip up sink for our 55 FC a couple of years ago. So far it works fine. There’s a picture on our renovation thread on post #571. Post the finished product when you get there.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:13 PM   #45
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDub View Post
Hello everyone.

I present my bathroom sink prototype. If it ends up working out on our next trip I plan on redesigning it using quality materials. Right now it's just some thin plywood and a piece of 2x4. What do you think? Any ideas for improvement?

I wanted something that didn't permanently alter the Nest. (I have the original cabinet and door saved) The top half of the "door" opens to reveal the "sink" which is just an aluminum loaf pan with a hole cut in the bottom for the drain. I use the shower head since it is already has a faucet and I clamp it in a small 3D printed vise. The sink connects to the drain that is coming from the kitchen sink using a PVC saddle.

It seems to work well enough for hand washing.
Fun to see your idea/prototype! When I was originally started this post, I had all kinds of different ideas...but nothing quite like yours. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished project! 😊
Tamarack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:31 PM   #46

2024 16' Caravel
Forest , VA
What is holding the sink to the wall and how is it attached? Love the idea. Thinking about adding one to our 16 Caravel
ddnemitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:35 PM   #47

2024 16' Caravel
Forest , VA
Lockie Caravel Sink

My question was directed to the Lockie photos
ddnemitz is offline   Reply With Quote