Old 06-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Denton , Texas
Our Nest Adventure Begins

Hi Everyone,

This weekend my wife and I will head out to pick up our Nest 16U. I think it is one of the last ones in the US. We'll keep you posted along the way as no doubt will make many rookie mistakes. But it's like I always say, I like getting the job done right, but usually it take two tries (if not three).

rob76turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:31 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Denton , Texas
Lug nut size

Quick question for the AS Nest community, can someone let me know the size of the lug nut on the Nest? Is it mm or inches? I plan to bring a torque wrench and want to bring the right socket.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
3/4" according to my info
Have a great day!
Tamarack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Denton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarack View Post
3/4" according to my info
Have a great day!
Perfect, that works out to 19mm socket. Which I have!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
FREDERICK , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob76turbo View Post
Hi Everyone,

This weekend my wife and I will head out to pick up our Nest 16U. I think it is one of the last ones in the US. We'll keep you posted along the way as no doubt will make many rookie mistakes. But it's like I always say, I like getting the job done right, but usually it take two tries (if not three).
Did I miss something, did they discontinue the Nest? They are still listed on the website? I know there were a lot of quality control issues at one point. You might want to look at https://olivertraveltrailers.com/ unless you are getting a smoking good deal.
https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/nest/
Doc Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Denton , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Foster View Post
Did I miss something, did they discontinue the Nest? They are still listed on the website? I know there were a lot of quality control issues at one point. You might want to look at https://olivertraveltrailers.com/ unless you are getting a smoking good deal.
https://www.airstream.com/travel-trailers/nest/
Yes Doc you are right, AS has discontinued the Nest. The remaining ones are being snapped up quickly. Yes, we got a smoking deal. That's why we are driving 1000 miles to pick it up. Heading out tomorrow as a matter of fact. Looked at the Oliver, its pretty expensive and the wait to get one built is months. We like the styling and interior of the Nest better. Can't wait to pick it up!!
Old 07-01-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob76turbo View Post
Yes Doc you are right, AS has discontinued the Nest. The remaining ones are being snapped up quickly. Yes, we got a smoking deal. That's why we are driving 1000 miles to pick it up. Heading out tomorrow as a matter of fact. Looked at the Oliver, its pretty expensive and the wait to get one built is months. We like the styling and interior of the Nest better. Can't wait to pick it up!!
We loved the Oliver too, but it didn't make sense to us to buy the small one at the price they were asking with the options you'd want, although we still might consider the Elite II (double axle) at some point. I agree that the Nest has a much better style.

Did the dealer tell you that the Nest was discontinued? I do see they are on clearance at the dealer out here in Oregon.

Thanks
Tamarack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:42 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
FREDERICK , Maryland
Make sure that they give you a thorough walk through orientation. Inspect every single door, light, appliance, faucet, everything. If possible stay overnight in their lot or campground nearby and test every system and function.
Good Luck
Doc Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:09 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Denton , Texas
We made it home safe and sound. A 2350 mile round trip. Our biggest issue - the water did not drain from the shower pan unless you plunged it every few seconds. I understand that the valve / bladder sticks together from heat / the Nest sitting for a while. And we lost a hinge on the nose cone.

Any ideas how to unstick that valve / bladder?
Any ideas for fixes for the nose cone hinge until the dealer sends us a new one?

Overall, we loved the Nest. Lots of storage, we started to get the hang of converting the dinette to the bed and we slept well both nights. Of course it helps when you are exhausted.

Out tow vehicle, Porsche Cayenne Diesel ran without fault, but the MPG did suffer a lot. We got 31 MPG heading to pick up the Nest and about 18 MPG heading back. Already planning our next adventure!