Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Nest > Nest 2018 - Current
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #1

2020 16' Nest
Glen Allen , VA
New nester_interior LED light control

Hi,
New nester here. Recently bought 2020 nest 16U and we are so excited our camping with the nest. Now I am trying to get to know all about our nest. Unfortunately, I haven’t chance to meet a previous owner because she moved out and living in another country, so I have to figure out all about the nest by myself.
Hope I can share my mods and updates for the nest in the future. I am currently repainting some horribly rusted parts, refrigerator shelves and an entrance door hook that keeps door open. In the near future I am going to upgrade something, such as wireless rear camera, roof vent cover, power tongue jack, etc.
I have two questions that I need your help. Firstly, there is interior rope led lights keep changing colors which is cool but it’s annoying. The switch has only on and off and no control the colors. So, searched/found the “Magic LED Light v2” app that can control the lights. After installed the app I have followed the instruction to connect but still couldn’t make it. Any ideas how to control the led lightnings.
Secondly, the nest is connected via a connection of 15amp to 30amp adapter at my garage 15amp outlet and no issues to running A/C unit and a fan and charging batteries. The nest equipped AGM batteries and solar panels (don’t know what watt it has). My question is that… is this connection with 15amp adaptor will be ok for now but eventually do I need the nest connect with 30amp outlet?
Many thanks in advance,
mhkang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

2019 Nest
Hudson , New Hampshire
Hi mhkang65 and welcome to the Nest subform. As you can see, there isn't much activity here, maybe because there are so few of us. I've heard the the FaceBook Nest group is very active, but I don't do FaceBook, so don't know.

I'm also new to the Nest having just purchased a 2019 16 U myself, but willing to share what little I have figured out so far. First, yeah the LED light control really depends on the phone app. I had no trouble pairing my phone with the lights and it just works. Maybe check to make sure your phone has bluetooth turned on and in pairing mode. Failing that, find an 8-year-old to fix it for you.

If your 15-amp circuit will run the A/C and charge the batteries, then you are good to go. I would just check to make sure the cable, plugs, and adapter are not getting too warm. I would personally feel safer with a 30-amp circuit because you are operating at the limit of that circuit and eventually you'll turn on another thing and the circuit breaker will trip off.

My Nest's previous owner added a power jack, lithium batteries and solar panel, and a wireless rear-view camera. Happy to share photos and model info if you are interested.

Curious how the reefer shelves got so rusted in a '20 Nest. Wow!

Sooty
Sooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #3
KPW
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Vienna , Virginia
LED light app

Some folks in the Facebook group have had luck with a Hao Deng app - seems to be an alternative to the Magic Light app.
KPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #4

2020 16' Nest
Glen Allen , VA
Thank you so much for your valuable information. Someone from the FaceBook Nest group told me to try other app to control interior LED lights, and it finally works with a Hao Deng app. Don't know how the reefer shelves got so rusted. Shelves are now in good by painting but horrible stains in the inside of fridge looks still so bad. We haven't done our first camping with our nest yet but so exited our adventure with it. I am also highly interested in mods and upgrades. A previous owner upgraded AGM batteries, solar panel, and TV, but i would like to add a wireless rear-view camera and a roof fan vent cover. Especially, a rear view camera will be my priority job to upgrade the nest. So, curious how a rear camera is wired with the roof top break light. Again, thank you for your warm hospitality and reply.
mhkang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 12:38 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhkang65 View Post
Thank you so much for your valuable information. Again, thank you for your warm hospitality and reply.
I really like this forum for Nest information and good general advice from very experienced Airstream owners. I also enjoy the Facebook group, but I'm glad there are a few of us Nest owners hanging out here!
Tamarack is offline   Reply With Quote