Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
2021 25' Flying Cloud
Torrance , California
Bedding

My wife’s style. We leave it in the bed configuration most of the time. We have a Martha Stewart mattress topper under the fitted sheet. My wife made two separate fleece blankets (camping fleece from Joann’s Fabrics) so we don’t have to fight over one blanket in the middle of the night. She just rolls it up in the day for decoration. We don’t feel it necessary to use a top sheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F063A89D-9238-487D-969D-590809C6271B.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	352671  
Rknobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #62
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
North Oaks , Minnesota
We leave our bed down, too.

I use the same type of bed setup. We leave our bed down most of the time with a great mattress topper, cut to fit. If we need to use the benches and table, we roll the topper and all and just leave it on the bench next to the front window. Tis uncovers the two ends and we can sit and use the table. Most of the time we eat outside. We have two chairs and a table or use the picnic setup. I even have a conduction plate to fry eggs, etc. on and use it outside on the picnic table. It keeps the Nest clean and we enjoy outdoors. I use the same baskets you do and find they are great. I will post pictures as my nest is parked elsewhere.
Maattie
Maattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Austin Area , Texas
These two additions made the dinette<>bed conversion in our 2019 16U a lot more manageable.

The 24” high folding bar stool allows me sit at the pantry counter, have coffee, check email, study trail maps, etc. while my wife continues snoozing. Then it provides seating at the counter top for breakfast. It quickly folds up out of the way during breakfast prep & cleanup. Folded, it fits beautifully on the left side of the closet between the cedar wall and the clips for the pedestal. After breakfast, the Colman queen size sleeping bag w/ cotton sheets inside, rolls up into a bolster cushion during the day.

Bar Stool. —
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coleman queen sleeping bag —
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sorry about the blue cast in the photos. I still haven’t figured out how to get the LED rope light to produce a natural white light
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Breakfast.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	352971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Folded.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	352972  

Name:	BedRoll.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	352973  
BeSerious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Austin Area , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCjay View Post
Airstream throws you a leveler hand crank, but no where to stow it. So I found a place up front in the nose cone area. I made a metal hook and latch that works great and fits perfect. didn't even have to drill any holes in the frame. Come on Airstream these should be standard features on a 50k rig.
I went to install the stabilizer wrench in the nose cone area, as suggested by iCjay. It’s pretty easy to find/install galvanized L brackets to keep the main shaft resting on the frame using the existing screws (see attached photo). And the upper handle conveniently rests against the inside part of the front hinge. But I’m stumped on how to build a “hook and latch” to secure the handle up against the fiberglass frame.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	StabilizerWrench.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	353701  
Old 10-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
In reference to the stabilizer jack wrench, I just put it in the drivers side of the nose cone with the handle up and the long end forward. The handle lies against the battery box. It can’t fall out. After 3000 miles, it was was still there, right where it is suppose to be.
TheHoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #66
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Austin Area , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoff View Post
In reference to the stabilizer jack wrench, I just put it in the drivers side of the nose cone with the handle up and the long end forward....
Thanks for the info. 3,000 miles is a pretty good test

I think I’ll stick to the passenger side, since the trailer’s umbilical cable is attached to the frame on the driver’s side.

In the sense of belts and suspenders… I’ll add the L brackets to help keep it on the frame. And maybe a Velcro strap to keep the handle from flopping around.

Thanks again. Your posts have been very helpful. And daytime temps here have finally dropped below 100. We may even be able to make sure the furnace works later this week. And maybe finnally take her on the road next week 8)
Old 10-08-2019, 06:48 PM   #67
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Half Moon Bay , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCjay View Post
I flipped the bathroom door the other way so the swing comes from the back. this made so much more sense making it easier to get in and out of the head. If you don't mind a gray door side I think it actually accents the interior. Was a simple process, but pay attention to getting your hing right. The lock is a matter of flipping that as well and getting the lock hing centered just right. It took me about an hour to d and looks great. Actually will hold less water in the sill this way, easier to clean.
Just did the same. I'm very pleased with the results.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BACF34C3-0B83-4F28-A352-29B65EA17553.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	353833  
Old 10-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #68
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Austin Area , Texas
Like others, we’ve looked at various ways to optimize the storage space in the NEST closet and still allow for secure storage of the dinette pedestal while sleeping and table top while towing. We also wanted to have space for our 24’ folding bar stool and a small aluminum, roll-up camp table. Our solution is to install a 3 draw cabinet (Target) and move the pedestal brackets closer to the door. Moving the pedestal brackets allows the 3 drawer cabinet to be shifted out of the way while installing/securing the table top against the closet wall for towing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cabinet.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	354561   Click image for larger version

Name:	RearWall.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	354562  

Name:	TableTop.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	354563  
Old 11-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #69

2019 Nest
Davis , California
Solar for Nest

Any recos for solar panel(s) that fit in the closet?
NorCal Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:38 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
My photo is terrible, but I added some netting to the storage areas above the dinette. It's a small change, but I like it

Name:	cubby net.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	360710
Tamarack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #71

2019 Nest
Fruita , CO
I'd like to get the same rain gutters for our Nest. I once found this on Amazon, but can't find it again. Do you have a link or product name by which I can search? Thanks!
LouP407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #72
1 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Half Moon Bay , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouP407 View Post
I'd like to get the same rain gutters for our Nest. I once found this on Amazon, but can't find it again. Do you have a link or product name by which I can search? Thanks!
Is this it? I bookmarked the rain strips from an earlier post. Best...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Old 02-17-2020, 11:48 AM   #73
New Airstream User

2019 Nest
PENSACOLA , Florida
Quote:
Last night there was an all nighter rainstorm and I went out into the Nest, opened the windows, and verified that the rain gutter system I installed was working like a champ. Since my first post on this topic, I did add additional rain channels over the front window and above the full length of the awning requiring a second roll of the product and they are working perfectly.
On another note, the Maxxair vent cover is a successful addition as well. No rain through the vent with it wide open. Links to products attached and original posted photos show vent cover in place.Attachment 343688Attachment 343688
I am so glad that I found this recommendation from you! We live in Florida where it rains all the time, and I've been looking for solutions. Well I just ordered these drip rails off amazon and plan to install them on my Nest asap.

Great advise!
Blount-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 04:37 PM   #74
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouP407 View Post
Here you go:

Name:	IMG_0926.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	361345
Old 02-18-2020, 04:47 PM   #75
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blount-Force View Post
I am so glad that I found this recommendation from you! We live in Florida where it rains all the time, and I've been looking for solutions. Well I just ordered these drip rails off amazon and plan to install them on my Nest asap.

Great advise!

Clean the surface several times with rubbing alcohol. Use blue painters tape to help out line where you want the gutter to go. Do not precut because it is cumbersome to work with and hard to get the exact length. Get someone to help because once the adhesive touches something, it wants to stick. Cut with heavy shears. After 3 months, there were several places where the ends of the gutters started to separate from the Nest surface. I used 3m black auto weatherstripping contact glue and reglued the ends. No more issues after a total of 10 months.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:42 PM   #76
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Oregon City , OR
Changed faucet --

It's taller, swivels and has a detachable sprayer
Attached Images

Tamarack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 06:39 AM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
Too funny. We just did the same thing and the same faucet.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #78

Currently Looking...
Satellite , FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rknobbe View Post
Wine glass hanger over the kitchen sink makes a great addition. Hanging organizers by the back door and near the kitchen area are good for managing small accessories (utensils, flashlights, walkies, bug spray, etc). Shower curtain hooks work well in the closet for smaller hanging stuff (hats, etc), but we use a stackable organizing bin in the closet (from Lowes? Home Depot?) for closet storage. Collapsible off white baskets from the Container Store fit perfectly on the top shelf under the counter. Lots of places are starting to have this but the Container Store’s bin gives you an extra inch. The clear plastic bins below it are from Target and fit perfectly depth and height wise in the shallower space below. Organizers in the cabinet for clothes organizing. My clothes go in the closet bins and my wife’s go into the bins under the counter. Works great!!!!

Always looking for more ideas for organization. Post pics!
Fantastic information! Thank you so much for sharing. The pictures really make a huge difference.
Kimig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #79
3 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Louisa , Virginia
Rain channels

Quote:
As others have posted on this forum, if it rains and the Nest windows are open, a major design flaw allows water to pour in the windows. Very bad!
We installed pvc rain channels on all windows. This should fix the problem unless there is a lot of wind and a serious rain dump . Easy to do with self-adhesive product. Rain forecast this weekend. Will report back if it doesn’t work as expected. We are also going to install over the front window since someone posted a leak in this area. Can’t hurt Attachment 343408Attachment 343409
I noticed that you were able to make nice rounded corners. is this that flexible.

Thanks
love nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

2019 Nest
Currently Looking...
Brevard , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by love nest View Post
I noticed that you were able to make nice rounded corners. is this that flexible.

Thanks

It is if it is warm. Lay it in the sun or on the hood of your car. Also, the adhesive will stick even better.